Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes, I really hate my job.

Kip

Unhappy Sometimes, I really hate my job.

You know, sometimes I really hate my job. Like today. I went into work this morning and everything was OK. I was asking for a sandwich to be remade because they made it wrong. One of the sandwich people calls me a faggot and says he is going to beat the hell out of me. I tell him to leave me alone etc. But he doesn't. I finally get fed up with getting f**ked with and clock out and tell Jennifer that I'm going home and to tell a manager when she sees one. Bobbi(One of the managers) catches up with me a trys to get me to come back inside and work, etc. I tell her that I don't think I can work today because I feel like sh*t now. She goes back inside and talks with the general manager and the other assistant manager that is there. Then, she finally tells me to go home and give them a call at 3 PM to see what is going on. So here I am. Sorry, I just needed to vent. I'm really getting sick of getting screwed with on a daily basis and the managers not doing anything. Ever since I got a new general manager, everything has gone downhill. I'm seriously thinking about asking for a transfer to another store. There is one in Bartow that is only 20 minutes from my house. And my favorite manager works there.

A transfer sounds good, that's alot better then not working and geting fired.

Kip

Another option I have is that I could have them cut my hours down to say, twenty a week. Right now, I'm working anywhere from thirty to fourty hours a week. The money is good, but it's not worth all of the grief anymore. I'll probably ask for a transfer when I get back from Georgia next Saturday.

Get your sandwiches elsewhere. I wouldn't trust people that don't like me to make sandwiches. If the sandwich people are part of the company, you should report them.
    The transfer might be a good idea if the company is a good one and you like your job. Some jobs would tell you not to come back if you left early.

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Get your sandwiches elsewhere. I wouldn't trust people that don't like me to make sandwiches. If the sandwich people are part of the company, you should report them.
    The transfer might be a good idea if the company is a good one and you like your job. Some jobs would tell you not to come back if you left early.
    You misunderstood me(I think). I wasn't the customer. I was on the clock(Being paid) and I had brought up a customer's sandwich because it was made wrong. The sandwich makers are part of the company(Crispers). I was the person that was taking the food and putting it on thr trays so it could be delivered to the table.

If your not happy with what your doing, you don't have the right job for you.

When I worked I had to like the place, and the people I worked with, a job is no fun if you have to worry about it.

Oh sorry, well in that case yer man can hardly blame you for wanting the sandwich remade. That's definately not fair on you then. If you've talked to the managers and they don't do anything then they're a shower of bastards. I'd definately recommend a transfer or complain to a higher level. Bullying by work collegues and complaints falling on deaf ears will only get you down if you stay there.

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    If your not happy with what your doing, you don't have the right job for you.

When I worked I had to like the place, and the people I worked with, a job is no fun if you have to worry about it.
    I don't mind my job, it's just some of the people I work with pick on me, and the managers let them get away with it. It's probably because the guy that picks on me the most has been there for 4 or 5 years, and I've only been there for close to 2 years. It's sort of a senority thing, I guess. Also, the station I work is getting old. I do the same thing day after day. It gets boring, doing the same thing all the time. They had me making salads one day, and I enjoyed that. But I haven't been assigned to that station since. And at night I'm always washing dishes(I usually work a couple of night shifts a week). It just gets old is all.

I think you should look around, if your in the restaurant bussiness they are always looking for good people, maybe you can find a place that really wants a good worker.

Like you.

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I think you should look around, if your in the restaurant bussiness they are always looking for good people, maybe you can find a place that really wants a good worker.

Like you.
    I think my best bet would be to transfer to another location. That way, I wouldn't have to learn anything else, and I would get paid the same as I do now because my current wage would transfer with me to the new store. I will most likely ask for a transfer on Saturday(Not tomorrow), when I get back from camp. Hopefully, she will approve it. If she doesn't, then my only other option is to give my two weeks notice and start looking for another job. I can't continue to work with people that pick on me and don't appreciate me. My sanity is more important than this job.