Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photography

Default Photography

Who here is into photography? What's your gear set up? Photography has been one of my hobbies since I was a little kid, but I got seriously into it during middle school. I have a canon 60d, 18-135 mm, 18-55 mm, 50 mm, and 55-250 mm (plus assorted accessories). I usually shoot cars, landscapes, architecture, and animals.

Nikon D2x, 16mm f/2.8 fisheye, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5, 105mm f/2.8 Micro, 80-200 f/2.8, Manfrotto tripod, some studio lighting stuff. Unfortunately, I don't get as much time as I'd like to actually shoot these days.

Pentax K-x here, with a Sigma 18-200mm lens and a 100-300mm I borrow from my parents. Also got a nice new tripod for Christmas.

I mostly do railway stuff, and my flickr stream now has over 10,000 photos on it. Flickr: mattbuck4950's Photostream

Canon 5d mk2, with a primary lens of 24-70 f2.8 L, with about 10 other lenses all from the Canon line up. My back up camera is a Canon 40d, I keep it around for the crop factor for when I am shooting wildlife and such. I shoot Land/seascapes, portraits weddings, animals, cityscapes and some stock. My stuff is currently hanging in a Gallery, and have done many weddings and family/senior portraits. Not my full time job, but I love to do it whenever possible =)

Pentax K20D + Pentax FA 50mm f/1.7 + Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
    I do newborn, children & teen photography as a hobby.

Canon T1i, Canon EF-S18-55mm and Canon EF-S 55-250. I used to shoot Nikon film equipment and had a Nikon EM set-up that had been all over the world with me, but it finally broke to the point that sending it to Nikon for repairs was just not worth it.

I wanted to go with Nikon when I went to D-SLR format, but the deal on the Canon was just too good to pass up. I have been more impressed by it the more I have shot and learned to manipulate the manual settings. I have used it in Africa, Europe, the Arctic and the U.S. I like to "play" with light and have done some really good long exposure photos, but am also impressed by the ability of the camera to shoot action clearly.

Perhaps I will post my five favorite photos in my album, and challenge others here to do so as well.

I photograph mostly wildlife and landscapes as a hobby. I am currently using two Canon 50d, a Canon 400mm f5.6L, a Canon 200mm f2.8L, the 1.4x & 2x extenders, and a 17-40 f4L. I am using a Giottos tripod with a Jobu gimbal head, and the National Geographic series of packs

right here.

NoPedXing on deviantART

I post my pictures here.

Cameras: Canon 1d Mk.III; Canon 20D (with battery grip); Canon G12
    Lenses: Zenitar 16mm f/2.8 (Fish eye); Canon 17-40 f/4L; Canon 20mm f/2.8; Canon 28-135 f/3.5-5.6; Canon 50mm f/1.4; Canon 70-200 f/4L
    Tripod: Manfroto 055CX4PRO + Manfroto Ball Head (can't remember model number - will update later)
    Lighting: 2x Canon 550EX Speedlight; ST-E2 IR Transmitter
    Remote: Canon Timer Remote Control TC-80N3

There are several assorted filters, reflectors, and other accoutrements. I have also made two lenses, one is a simple pin-hole lens made from a body cap; and the other is a Lomo lens build into a body cap. Both work reasonably well, though I would like to improve the Lomo lens somewhat.

I have four or five different camera bags, depending on where I am going and what gear I am bringing.

Lenses and cameras to be upgraded in first half of 2011: All of my zooms will be replaced with equivalent Canon f/2.8L glass. This will add some weight to my bags, but it is time... I am also looking at upgrading to the 580EX II's. The first change will be selling my loved 20D and buying the Canon 5D Mk. II.