Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips for leaks?

Default Tips for leaks?

So ya, I was just wondering what ideas people had on ways to minimize leaks. I mean, plastic pants seem to work pretty good over a diaper, but what else does anyone else think? I mean you can pee slowly and all when awake and stuff, but what about when you're asleep? I roll around a lot so I can end up with my head hanging off the bed for all I know by morning. (this is what my friends tell me apparently) When I was little I really didn't have to worry about flooding things or leaking, I really didn't pee that fast, that much. And if anyone remembers from the old forum they'll know why I'm asking this now...but I don't really care now, **shrug**. Anyway, so leaks weren't as big a deal to avoid back then but any ideas for now would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Thicker diapers, doublers, or double up.
    What he said. You could also wear regular briefs/boxers/boxer briefs over the diaper. For a while, they'll help to absorb any leaks that might develop, But in the end, you can't beat plastic pants.

Peachy

What kind of leaks are they? There's two different kinds of leaks:

(1) The maximum capacity of your diaper has been exceeded, but you keep on wetting it, so the pee that cannot be absorbed just leaks out. Solution: Better diapers, stuffers, or get a larger diaper size (=more absorbent material)

(2) Your boy parts are located in positions where there is either not a lot of absorbent material or where good ole gravity causes the pee to flow through the top of the sides of your diaper even though there's plenty of unused absorbent material left. The solution to this is more difficult: Make sure your diaper has a snug fit (even if you have red lines on your legs in the morning), get a larger diaper (covers a bigger area), wear tight underwear that keeps the diaper snug, add stuffers to the front of your diaper to keep your male parts down, or release sexual tension before going to bed.

That's my 0.02 EUR!

Peachy

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    .02 EUR...... That made my day!
    *flips you a 2 cents coin* There you go. I hope that makes your next day (although it's not a lot of money).

Peachy

Is there a coin for that amount over there in Europe? We don't have 2 cent coins here.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Is there a coin for that amount over there in Europe? We don't have 2 cent coins here.
    Yep, sure is. The Euro system uses a very simple and repetitive system:

Coins of 1,2,5,10,20,50 cents and 1 & 2 Euros
    Bills of 5,10,20,50,100,200 and 500 Euros

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Yep, sure is. The Euro system uses a very simple and repetitive system:

Coins of 1,2,5,10,20,50 cents and 1 & 2 Euros
    Bills of 5,10,20,50,100,200 and 500 Euros

Peachy
    same as our lovely UK money we have 1 2 5 10 20 and 50 pence and 1 and 2 pound coins (pounds are 100 pence) i think we have the same system with the notes as well, although ive never seen a 100,200 or 500 pound note and even 50s are not seen to often!

Oh, and back to the original question, its already been answered but heres my 15p worth! Ide reccomend booster pads, use can use baby nappies with holes cut in the waterproof cover, i use Boots (a chain of pharmacys in the UK) nappy booster pads, they are like a disposable nappy but no elastic, tapes or plastic cover, just a pad surrounded by the inner liner material of a nappy, the stuff that lets pee into the pad.
    I hardly use them though cos my Tena can cope fine without them!
    Very rarely i do get leaks at night, in runs out the top of my nappy even though mr winkie is pointed down, its horrible to feel the warm wetness suddenly trickling along the top of my thigh and then out through the top/side part of my nappy
    Last edited by Peachy; 30-Jan-2008 at 08:59. Reason: merging posts

lol, gotta love america 1,5,10,25,50,100
    paper= 1,2,5,10,20,50,100,500,1000

anyway, if it is your male parts, make sure teh captian is facing down when u diaper up for the night, sounds like a flooding problem to me from the way you worded it, so...umm... change more or wear more.

funny shaped butt? bigger diapers over the smaller one are the only way