Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kid Shows and Regression

Default Kid Shows and Regression

Do you guys ever watch kid shows when you regress...like nick Jr. and sprout.

I actually am lucky enough to have a video tape of one of my favorite shows when I was a little kid.

Its called "The Busy World of Richard Scarry"

I also loved (the ones with the stars are my extra faves!)
    -Gullah Gullah Island
    -Between the Lions
    -The Reading Rainbow
    -Little bear
    -Rupert..
    -Allegras Window *(Does anyone rememmber this show? It was my ALL TIME FAVE!)
    -LambChop (I was born in 1990, but they still had Lambchop on
    -Bananas in Pijamas
    - Out of the box
    -Bear in the Big Blue House*
    - (thousand others). I might add more.

I grew up with Nick Jr. In the 1990's when they had this character named "Face" that would announce the shows hehe. I also liked the announcer in the nick jr after face *died* they had a little clay ball, called lol.."Clay"I loved it I watch it a lot when I regress...it takes me back

So how about you? When you go into Baby mode, do you watch anything you liked as a kid? or do you just watch kid shows that are on now?

If so, what are your favorites

I hope this isnt a common thread topic, if it is...sorry :0
    Last edited by LittleHanah; 27-Dec-2010 at 09:02.

I remember Face!

I've answered a somewhat similar question before, but I'll go ahead and answer this one since it's different.

I have shows that I like that are new and I also like to watch shows that I remember from being little. Unfortunately for me, a lot of my favorite shows from when I was a kid are no longer shown on TV and/or are unavailable on DVD.

I do appreciate the Hub having Fraggle Rock on. I used to watch that religiously when I was little. I'll make up a list and put my notes to the side in ()'s.

Favorites:

-Disney Afternoon shows...TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, Rescue Rangers (These were probably some of my all-time favorites! They came around when I was about ten, but I loved them so much!)
    -Kissyfur (No longer available that I know of...it was about a little bear and his father who left the circus to live in the woods.)
    -Fraggle Rock (Muppets!)
    -Inspector Gadget, Danger Mouse and Count Duckula. (I was in love with Danger Mouse and I would run through the house screaming "Go Go Gadget *insert name of fictional device here*!")
    -Sesame Street (Pre-Elmo.)
    -Little Bear and Franklin (The first book I was able to read was "A Kiss for Little Bear" and I had a much-loved copy of "Franklin in the Dark")
    -My Little Pony (The original series, but the reboot looks adorable and might become a new favorite.)

Newer favorites:

-Wow Wow Wubbzy (It's just cool. I love that it's not -too- super-perky-happy-funtime.)
    -Ni Hao, Kai-lan (It's like Dora...but not as annoying. Being a Fur, I also love that she hangs out with cute animals more.)
    -The Upside Down Show (I've totally got to find myself an old TV remote to play with while watching this show! It's so much fun to pretend along with them.)
    -Toot and Puddle (The cutest little piggies!)
    -Special Agent Oso (I like that he always messes up at least once...but I only watch so much of it because even in little mode the format gets old.)
    -Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (It's the closest I can get to the old Mickey Mouse Club. NOT the 1980's reboot, but the original 1950's version.)
    -Handy Manny (I use this to get my Spanish fix. The characters are all so lovable.)

There are others that I watch when I can catch them, but those are the ones I would watch constantly if given the chance.

OH MY GOSH DUCK TALES! I think I even still remember the theme song! I LOVED DUCK TALES! . Ive watched wow wow wubzy too, its super cute and funny. Lol and I get what you mean with Ni Hao, Kai-Lan....Dora is a little overwhelming because she always sounds like shes yelling and the map never stops saying *Im the map*. lol

I think one of the favorites I miss the most is Rolie Polie Olie.. I watched that religiously too.

But AWESOME list! I think I remember all of those!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHanah View Post
    Dora is a little overwhelming because she always sounds like shes yelling and the map never stops saying *Im the map*. lol
    Oh that map! It's either that or it's Dora going "When we want to take the long path, say 'largo'." "Say 'largo'." "Say 'largo'." "Great!" She seems to ask that things be repeated way too much. Even in little mode I get mad at her and want to smack the TV.

Lol I know , or when she repeats the path she has to go. FIRST we have to through the ROCK! then THE BRIDGE! THEN THE MOUTAIN!

then.
    ROCK, BRIDGE MOUNTAIN!
    ROCK , BRIDGE MOUNTAIIIINNNN
    ROCK BRIDGE MOUUUNNNNTTAAAAAAIIIINNNN

and shes yelling while shes saying it too..

I just get scared lol..but she is kinda cute in general, like..my sister used to have a dora backpack which I thought was cute, shes cute as character but the screaming and repeating is too much lolll

Well,

I sometime watch kids movies...my gf has a little one so it is a good excuse...

But there is none of the cartoons even around from when I was a child...

Haven't seen the flintstones in years...or any of the cartoons from the 70,s

I guess they are not politically correct anymore...like bugs bunny torturing wile e coyote... Too much fun!!!

B

I love them and I finally have time to watch them again this break.

I'll probably re-watch the lion king 1&2 when I get an afternoon to myself.

Thanks for starting this thread. I LOVE 90s kids shows; especially Nick Jr. I had forgotten all about Lambchop (one my favorites.) I have too many to mention but here's a short list of some of my faves.
    LambChop
    Sesame Street (before Elmo's world. it ruined this show. Ruined it!)
    Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood
    Busy World Of Richard Scary
    Muppet Babies
    Allegra's Window
    Gullah, Gullah Island
    Little Bear

The 90s were so awesome. I feel sad now.

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. I LOVE 90s kids shows; especially Nick Jr. I had forgotten all about Lambchop (one my favorites.) I have too many to mention but here's a short list of some of my faves.
    LambChop
    Sesame Street (before Elmo's world. it ruined this show. Ruined it!)
    Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood
    Busy World Of Richard Scary
    Muppet Babies
    Allegra's Window
    Gullah, Gullah Island
    Little Bear

The 90s were so awesome. I feel sad now.
    Aww dont feel sad if it makes you feel better you can get lots of 90's DVD's and tapes still on Ebay, in fact im thinking of purchasing a bear in the big blue house, and allegras window one.

I notice you know Allegras window! woot! haha =D now i REALLY miss that show. I was a big big fan.

I also forgot to mention one of my number one faves! RUGRATS!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHanah View Post
    Aww dont feel sad if it makes you feel better you can get lots of 90's DVD's and tapes still on Ebay, in fact im thinking of purchasing a bear in the big blue house, and allegras window one.

I notice you know Allegras window! woot! haha =D now i REALLY miss that show. I was a big big fan.

I also forgot to mention one of my number one faves! RUGRATS!
    Yeah Allegra's Window was great and the original Rugrats was awesome (from 91-94; before they brought it back.) I also forgot to mention Tiny Toon Adventures. That's a real big favorite of mine.