Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena Abri-Form X-Plus tapes..

Default Abena Abri-Form X-Plus tapes..

as the title suggests, I'm having problems with the tapes with the Abena X-Plus i bought. i bough a pack of small and medium, and when the diaper gets really wet, or is tightly on me, the tapes just come undone i don't know why...
    I bought a medium and a small pack to see what fits better, and as far as i see the small's fit me Perfectly!, and the medium's fit me well as well, except that the top tapes touch at the tips, but is WAY more thick than the small's. these are plastic backed, and sooo soft ~_~

Does anyone else have the problem of Abena's tapes coming off?

dldaddy

You really can't tape Abenas tight... Snug, yes. Tight, no.

Also, remember to rub the tapes for a second or two after you've put them in place.

Quote Originally Posted by dldaddy View Post
    You really can't tape Abenas tight... Snug, yes. Tight, no.

Also, remember to rub the tapes for a second or two after you've put them in place.
    I was going to suggest the same thing. I like mine tight around the waist and rubbing the tapes for a few sec after placing them makes them stick much better.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had issues with the tapes. Was beginning to wonder if I was doing something wrong.

Here's the odd part: Something about the leg cut makes it difficult to get a medium applied securely even to my wife, who is 26" at the waist and about 34" at the hips. I have little trouble getting her waist (or mine) snugged up tight, but the legs... without cutting circulation off, the bottom tapes just seem resistant....

Ughhh, the tapes were definitely a huge problem on these. Great diaper overall, but the tapes either came undone, or you couldn't really re-secure them if needed. That bit of pressure after securing them seemed to work, but eh, still not what it should be.

I had that problem about half the time with my first order years back. This more recent batch seem to be better but I guess it could just be luck of the draw. Even at their best, I favor Secure X-Plus/Bambinos over them. It's a good diaper but just not exactly what I'm looking for.

How do the Bambinos perform under fire, Trev? Greatest paranoia around this house is a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    How do the Bambinos perform under fire, Trev? Greatest paranoia around this house is a leak.
    They're pretty serious diapers. I can't say I've done a scientific test but I would put them in a similar category of absorbancy and retention. Dry 24/7s are the only ones I've used that seem to be marginally ahead of both. All three generally fall into the range of being better than I typically need.

Bambinos may be expensive, but they are definitely one of those "worth every cent" diapers. They're thick, pretty noisy, and really dang absorbent. I haven't done anything more then 12 hours at a time, but after 3-4 pretty large wettings, they still hold well. I've heard of people 24/7'ing them and going to 2-3 max in a day with no issues.

Well, we have been kicking around the idea of splitting our purchases to an inexpensive cloth-back for her babying (since she's still icky about actually USING it) and the all-out for mine (since I'm not) so we can contain the expense a bit. If we went that direction, justifying the bambinos would be pretty easy.