Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 Pack of Pampers = 1 Vaccine to Prevent Tetanus

Default 1 Pack of Pampers = 1 Vaccine to Prevent Tetanus

If you are going to buy any baby diapers, then why not buy some Pampers? I just saw a commercial saying that if you buy a pack of Pampers, they will give 1 vaccine to a pregnant mom for tetanus, so you can save her and her baby ...So why not buy Pampers instead of some other brand? UNICEF is running it, so you know it's for a good cause, you can read more here: Vaccines for Pregnant Women Provided by PampersŪ and UNICEF

If you're wondering "Why would I buy Pamper's to begin with?" Well I'll answer that by saying you can use them as stuffers, or just buy them just to save a kid...

Not a funny joke, Mickal...

That's a good cause. Thanks for telling everybody about it, Pojo.

Thats a LIE. If you pause the ad like I have to read the small print they will donate 0.05 cents to go towards a vaccine. Thats what the TV ad says at least. Not worth it at all I say.

Upon reading the sites small print on the bottom you can see clear as day they will only give 0.05 cents of a US dollar. Now how is that a full vaccine? Really people should be boycotting Pampers and its parent company which also includes the Luvs company as well. They say one thing and they do another even though they make millions of dollars each year.

Also if your going to say well I am still helping out. Well I beg you to tell me how 5 cents of about 8-14 bucks is making a big impact? I know if you total all the 5 cents up it might be in the thousands already but your better off buying a pack of depends and giving 2-3 bucks to UNICEF. I am sorry for being the downer but I hate it to no end when major companies lie about something as big as this.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 12-Jun-2008 at 06:31. Reason: updating

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Thats a LIE. If you pause the ad like I have to read the small print they will donate 0.05 cents to go towards a vaccine. Thats what the TV ad says at least. Not worth it at all I say.

Upon reading the sites small print on the bottom you can see clear as day they will only give 0.05 cents of a US dollar. Now how is that a full vaccine? Really people should be boycotting Pampers and its parent company which also includes the Luvs company as well. They say one thing and they do another even though they make millions of dollars each year.

Also if your going to say well I am still helping out. Well I beg you to tell me how 5 cents of about 8-14 bucks is making a big impact? I know if you total all the 5 cents up it might be in the thousands already but your better off buying a pack of depends and giving 2-3 bucks to UNICEF. I am sorry for being the downer but I hate it to no end when major companies lie about something as big as this.

Way to ruin this...Even if it's $.05 (5 cents) for every pack, they are going for a goal of 45mil VACCINES donated...And according to the thermometer thing, they have donated over 25mil...Even if each is 5 cents, 45mil x .05 is $2,250,000...Which can easily buy a lot of vaccines...So just because it doesn't seem like a lot, you can still help people

Hey. That's 5 cents more than anyone else in the damn world is donating.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Exactly

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Valid point.

Not that I buy pampers for anything.

Now maybe if they made a size 10...

I just bought 5 cases because they were on sale. I will have to go check if Canadians are in on this too.... or if it started yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    I just bought 5 cases because they were on sale. I will have to go check if Canadians are in on this too.... or if it started yesterday.
    They have to be specially marked

Umm like I said you could go out and buy a package of depends and give 2-3 bucks to UNICEF. Giving 3 dollars to them will be like buying 6000 packs of these pampers and if those cost say 8 dollars those 6000 packs will cost you 48,000 dollars and only 3 dollars of that will go to UNICEF.

So is it more helpful to give them 3 dollars or to buy a pack of pampers which most of us can't even use properly and have P&G give 5 cents of that to UNICEF?

As for the whole "thats 5 more cents anyone else in the damn world is giving" well WE as in all of us did not even care until we say this pampers tv spot. And If you did care before that then I think you would be pissed off at a large mullti-nation company as large as P&G only giving away 0.05 cents of a US dollar for every package of diapers they sell.

Again I am not trying to bring anyone down if you want to help out thats totally awesome. But I am saying that you can give 1 dollar or more to UNICEF directly and it will have a MUCH larger impact then 5 cents would.
    ----------------
    Now playing: Coldplay - Viva la Vida
    via FoxyTunes