Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A nice alternative if you enjoy being rocked to sleep

Wink A nice alternative if you enjoy being rocked to sleep

My girlfriend gave me this tip last night after i really wanted to be held last night

When she was a baby, she was a very good self soother...

When she would wake up in the middle of the night, she wouldnt cry. she would get up on her elbows and knees and sway herself back and forth until she fell asleep...she didnt grow out of it til she was 16

i tried it last night and i can honestly say ive never slept better and last night was the first night in 2 weeks i slept thru the night

hope it helps you

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give it a try. Ive been thinking about a rocking chair because I had always loved the feeling of getting rocked to sleep. Hammocks are nice for that too.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I'm weird...I don't think I sleep better than when I'm in a moving vehicle, but I have to be completely immobile when I'm in bed. Go figure.

I miss being rocked to sleep, will try this!

Im confused on how this she was kneeling? lol sorry im kindof slow sometimes

That's what I'm thinking too, Hanah - rocking back and forth while kneeling. I'll try it

I can visualize how you would do it, and gonna give it a try sometime this week.

Thanks for the tip. ^_^

I can always pass out in a moving vehicle on a long trip. I have done it since I was a baby. ^.^

I find it hard to drift off to sleep recently without my paci and teddy. Which makes things interesting when I don't want to sleep with my paci because someone is supposed to wake me up. I ended up throwing caution to the winds and just using it so I could pass out the last few nights though.