Thread: pacifier question

Default pacifier question

I recently got a NUK 3 from WalMart and after sucking on it over night, it has made the roof of my mouth right behind my teeth tender. My question is whether or not a NUK 5 would have the same effect or would it be long enough to reach farther into my mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by dl819 View Post
    I recently got a NUK 3 from WalMart and after sucking on it over night, it has made the roof of my mouth right behind my teeth tender. My question is whether or not a NUK 5 would have the same effect or would it be long enough to reach farther into my mouth?
    a nuk 5 will reach further back, but the effect is probably from having not sucked a paci in a long time.

the small ones do tend to hurt your teeth and make them sensitive... but yeah, it might take ya a little while to get used to sucking one again!

My NUK 3 makes my lips tender. I get my NUK 5s this week. Hope they will fit my mouth better.

Nuk 5 will have the same general effect. All pacifiers that aren't orthodontic usually do this. It's because of the motion that your mouth goes through when sucking on the pacifier. It can lead to the shifting of your teeth, which is where the pain comes from. Your mouth and teeth are not accustomed to do such an action for such a long time.

but arent the nuk 5's orthodontic? i know the nuk 3 that i bought is the orthodontic kind

Orthodontic or not, they still bug your teeth. Just orthodontic ones don't cause as much damage in the long run. I should have said that in the first place =P bad choice of wording on my part.