Thread: Rock Band 3

Default Rock Band 3

I have it and I love it. I don't have any of the pro hardware yet. Anyone else have the game or hardware?

My friend is going to get it soon. We'll probably play through it a few times for a few months and then not look at it again for a year or more. Like the other ones. Maybe (hopefully) not?

I'm like the best at Rock Band games, I'm going to master that Keyboard! I've already mastered the Drums and Guitar, that is just next on my list.
    I'm getting Rock Band 3 for the PS3 in 2 days
    If anyone has it for PS3 add me!
    Last edited by BabyZidane; 24-Dec-2010 at 14:42.

Is there any way to really improve in games like these? Like for me, I've played on guitar ever since the original Guitar Hero came out on PS2 and haven't improved since. I'm stuck on the bridge between hard and expert on guitar. Is it more, "you're either good at these kinds of games or not" or do you have to actually take the time to slow down the individual sections of the songs and practice them until perfection?

Quote Originally Posted by bomb851 View Post
    Is there any way to really improve in games like these? Like for me, I've played on guitar ever since the original Guitar Hero came out on PS2 and haven't improved since. I'm stuck on the bridge between hard and expert on guitar. Is it more, "you're either good at these kinds of games or not" or do you have to actually take the time to slow down the individual sections of the songs and practice them until perfection?
    There are techniques for you to learn, but ultimately, you have to practice the really hard sections of certain songs a lot to get "good". How good you want to get at a video game is up to you, though.

I read that the pro guitar ( the six string guitar that is not out yet) is a real fender guitar. It sounds like a great opportunity to learn how to play guitar. How is the pro guitar training in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDL View Post
    I read that the pro guitar ( the six string guitar that is not out yet) is a real fender guitar. It sounds like a great opportunity to learn how to play guitar. How is the pro guitar training in the game?
    If it's anything like the pro piano, it's just a lot of effort. They can't fit all that stuff on the screen at once and it's pretty clunky. Works alright if you're good at said instrument already though

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    If it's anything like the pro piano, it's just a lot of effort. They can't fit all that stuff on the screen at once and it's pretty clunky. Works alright if you're good at said instrument already though
    It looks extremely difficult, but that's what the real instrument is like right? Pro guitar players make it look easy.

I got rockband 3 for crimbo as well as the pro keyboard. Having had some piano lessons 7-8 years ago (only got to grade five) certainly helped but not in the way you'd think. The previous experience mainly helps in my opinion in that i already have good hand positioning and the "routes" as it were from one note to another are second nature. So to be honest even if you have never played the piano before in your life a bit of scales practise and you'll soon be up to scratch.

Something i certainly can attest to however is that the pro instruments will teach you how to play the songs for real, after less than 15 minutes playing imagine by john lennon on the pro keyboard on expert mode (needs to be expert mode to correlate properly) i thought to myself "I wonder" so i went into th dining room and tryed the same thing on my real piano and sure enough i was playing imagine. It was actually rather cool.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguy View Post
    I got rockband 3 for crimbo as well as the pro keyboard. Having had some piano lessons 7-8 years ago (only got to grade five) certainly helped but not in the way you'd think. The previous experience mainly helps in my opinion in that i already have good hand positioning and the "routes" as it were from one note to another are second nature. So to be honest even if you have never played the piano before in your life a bit of scales practise and you'll soon be up to scratch.

Something i certainly can attest to however is that the pro instruments will teach you how to play the songs for real, after less than 15 minutes playing imagine by john lennon on the pro keyboard on expert mode (needs to be expert mode to correlate properly) i thought to myself "I wonder" so i went into th dining room and tryed the same thing on my real piano and sure enough i was playing imagine. It was actually rather cool.
    That's awesome! Looks like Harmonix accomplished their goal.