Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oops, this is not going to be good. Diapers going to old address...

Default Oops, this is not going to be good. Diapers going to old address...

So since this could be like the worst nightmare for anybody I'll share the details of what's happening. Yesterday I made an order with XP Medical, a large box I might add, via paypal. I selected the right shipping address in paypal but they apparently had my old address on record and associated my paypal address with it. So I pester them for a tracking number today and I find out it's been shipped to my old address. This could prove to be very bad information in the wrong hands since my old house is like 4 miles away. I called XP and informed them of the error. They said they would call fedex and fix it as soon as it shows up in the system. If I don't see the information updated in fedex today I'm going to have to visit the people who own my old house and tell them a package is coming.

I'm not overly panicked at this point but you can imagine it would be even more worse if I didn't live nearby and have the day off tomorrow.

Argh!

Don't panic I am sure that the new owners will not open your package! :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Don't think you have any thing to worry about. I never had this problem, but XP is a good company and I can't imagine why FedEx can't stop the package, slap a new label on it and send it off to the correct address. However, as you said, if it doesn't show up in the tracking info, guess there is no harm in making contact with the new residents.

Just notify Paypal, and if they don't talk to Fedex, just talk to the people in your old place. Usually you can dispute your information easily with Paypal so long as you prove you're the purchaser. That, and the delivery companies are pretty easy to work with when delivering a package for someone.

dldaddy

Yea, I gotta agree... I think with Christmas right around the corner- the new homeowners won't mind or be surprised at all... but if it was my package, I'd be stressing a little bit too!

XP said they thought fedex could re-label it and make sure it gets here. Good thing I guess is if I have to contact the owners the box will only say "XP" on it so no big deal there. We'll see how well XP responds to this issue and I'll keep you updated.

This brings a good point for everybody though. Make sure you check the details real good when your order has been shipped. If I just looked at the delivery date and clicked on the tracking number I wouldn't have noticed the wrong address at the bottom of the email.

I've actually had this happen. XP Medical was very helpful. In a worst case senario, you can have Fed Ex hold the package at their routing station, and you can pick it up there. I was lucky, the Fed Ex station was one block down from my house. I got brave and actually carried the extremely large package home on foot 8).

Quote Originally Posted by Glao View Post
    I've actually had this happen. XP Medical was very helpful. In a worst case senario, you can have Fed Ex hold the package at their routing station, and you can pick it up there. I was lucky, the Fed Ex station was one block down from my house. I got brave and actually carried the extremely large package home on foot 8).
    That's good to know. I figured worst case I would have to go pick it up, about 20 miles away but oh well. That is why I try to time my shipments to arrive when I am going to be home...alone.