Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freaking out the kids

Default Freaking out the kids

There are some kids over at the house right now and they were arguing over what show their toddler sister would want to watch.

One advocated for Barney, another one wanted to watch something totally different, and without looking up at the guide I said "Handy Manny is coming on right after Timmy Time goes off. Too bad we missed Special Agent Oso."

They all kind of stopped with their mouths opened. She did get to watch Handy Manny though.

Have any of you guys ever done anything like that? Known more about a 'childish' subject than most people think you should?

Yes, we should have an Awkward Moments Monday event since it's so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Yes, we should have an Awkward Moments Monday event since it's so much fun!
    It wasn't really awkward for me, but I think it was for them.

Oh! Well, then, even better - Awkward Moments for Other People, uh Perennial. Constantly making things awkward. I guess that would be easy enough if you never showered.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    Have any of you guys ever done anything like that? Known more about a 'childish' subject than most people think you should?
    What, like being able to recite almost every line from The Lion King verbatim? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Constantly making things awkward. I guess that would be easy enough if you never showered.
    Ewww. I think that might just make people want to stay away period.

I've had a couple moments like that. My graceful way out of it is a sarcastic, "Well, I mean...I'm just speculating, really." lol

I would have said "Hey kids, let me put on one of the shows I watched back in the early 90s." And they would have been stunned out of the sheer brilliance of what they were watching.

I don't know if I was one of those kids i would've thought I had the cool relative lol.