Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting old

Default I'm getting old

Well, as the title says, I am getting old. Not really, I'm only 18, but that's how I feel. I read some posts on this site, ones that are posted by the younger crowd, 12,13 and such, and I think back to when I was first discovering myself. I read the same questions I've asked myself and others 5 or 6 years ago, I read about similar experiences I've had, and it brings back memories. It reminds me of the excitement I felt every time I found a new online community that shared the same interests. So many memories.

I'm not really sure what the point of this topic is, or whether it's in the proper place for that matter. Perhaps a discussion on how any of you might relate to how I feel is in order?

I mean, I'm glad I'm older. It's a whole lot easier to be an ABDL when you're out of the house, employed, and have you own bank account. Plus, I have a lot of things figured out now that I was really confused about when I was 13/14/15. Being young as an ABDL is exciting, novel, and thrilling, but being older, you really get to savor it. You get the freedom to create your life and step into that identity that has for so long been hidden. This is especially true if you end up dating/married to someone with whom you can share your ABDL side.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but your post seems a little sad, missing times passed. Those times were fun, sure, but at 18, you're just entering in to some of the best ABDL years of your life. You're not getting old just yet -- you're just becoming an adult(baby).

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I mean, I'm glad I'm older. It's a whole lot easier to be an ABDL when you're out of the house, employed, and have you own bank account. Plus, I have a lot of things figured out now that I was really confused about when I was 13/14/15. Being young as an ABDL is exciting, novel, and thrilling, but being older, you really get to savor it. You get the freedom to create your life and step into that identity that has for so long been hidden. This is especially true if you end up dating/married to someone with whom you can share your ABDL side.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but your post seems a little sad, missing times passed. Those times were fun, sure, but at 18, you're just entering in to some of the best ABDL years of your life. You're not getting old just yet -- you're just becoming an adult(baby).
    that was an excellent response.....so very true......being and abdl happens in stages and if u look back u can identify at what ages certain things change. i think for a lot of us the act of growing older kinda fits in with the idea of wanting to be little again....because u miss certain things.....its so easy as an adult to feel unloved and uncared for...so make sure u set time aside for baby/ageplay time......i also noticed as i have gotten older i have been more open to experiment. i came out as a gay male about a year ago and im now into the bdsm scene......couldnt accept being gay when the feelings started happening my first year of high school and never in a million years could of thought i would ever derive pleasure from being tied up or spanked.....or other bdsm stuff....growing up doesnt have to be a bad thing.....and really it is all a matter of choice......
    Last edited by waslost1234abc; 22-Dec-2010 at 06:32. Reason: added so information

Quote Originally Posted by kronikmod View Post
    Well, as the title says, I am getting old. Not really, I'm only 18, but that's how I feel. I read some posts on this site, ones that are posted by the younger crowd, 12,13 and such, and I think back to when I was first discovering myself. I read the same questions I've asked myself and others 5 or 6 years ago, I read about similar experiences I've had, and it brings back memories. It reminds me of the excitement I felt every time I found a new online community that shared the same interests. So many memories.

I'm not really sure what the point of this topic is, or whether it's in the proper place for that matter. Perhaps a discussion on how any of you might relate to how I feel is in order?
    As I'm typing this, I have 11 years on you, and I again am reminded that you couldn't pay me enough money to be 18 again. Some of the previous posts hit on it, the fact that being an adult with a car and a bank account are some of the most liberating things possible. Beyond that, though, I still had a whole lot to figure about the Universe at age 18. I was still religiously brainwashed and hadn't come out or even gotten my arms around being an abdl.

There's a whole lot of wonderful experiences and amazing self-discovery that can only happen as an adult, when you're finally left in the big world on your own and left to your own devices to figure it out. What's funnier is that it's easier to be a baby as an adult and it's easier to have the freedom of being a child in some ways.

Don't lament turning 18. Savor it. Go away to university and relish in the experience. Have a couple extra beer and party out a bit. Go buy diapers and wear them until they're trashed or you have a rash. You're 18. You're legally an adult now, so make the most of it. Get out there and make a go of it! Whatever you miss out on now, it's your own doing. After all, what's the point of life if you're not going to live it?

If you are feeling old at 18 ... then I am positively ancient!

Cheer up kronikmod, no one is getting younger. (If you find someone who is, bottle their secret and make a fortune).

Everyone has age, what really want to have. Maybe for this Im AB, but years are running and all what I want through the years is find some form to be lucky. Last two times trying failed, actually Im taking forces to recuperate... How looks influences of AB in my experience: Generaly is better to hide it, but it doesnt mean its something wrong etc. As all, be AB is cool, as minimal for me. So - ENJOY YOURSELF.

Ahah kind of misread it. More nostalgic then anything. I just see myself in a lot of these younger posters and it brings back these memories.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Lot's of great posts. A lot of great insight. You guys have given me a lot to think about. Thanks And yes, being 18 is great. A job, a car, a new girlfriend who loves to color with me and can't wait for me to get my "adorable" ABU Cushies. Life is great at the present time, but it's nice to look back from time to time.

dprdinky

Old or ancient, I was given some "sage" advice one time, which I believe is still valid, no matter what your age is:

"Old is always 10 years older than you are!"

Imagine now, being 90 years old, and still being able to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by dprdinky View Post
    Old or ancient, I was given some "sage" advice one time, which I believe is still valid, no matter what your age is:

"Old is always 10 years older than you are!"

Imagine now, being 90 years old, and still being able to say that.
    to your point, one of the most unique experiences of my life was about six years ago. I was having breakfast at a place in Dearborn called the Mercury Inn. It was this old motel with a finer built in the burgeoning days of auto travel right on Michigan Ave (now US-12), and it probably hadn't been updated since the '20s. I was the only person under 60 in the diner, and there were these two particularly old guys, probably all of 90, talking and grumbling about these damn young idiots and whatnot. Naturally I listened a bit longer, and as they kept talking, I realized they were NOT talking about me. They were talking about the 60- and 70-year-olds!!