• Don't like any of this

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

3 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastern food!

Default Eastern food!

What forms of Eastern cuisine do you love?

I have created this poll after coming home from a Thai restaurant, having eaten Pad See Ew with double pork with five-star heat. Yummy!

I put down for Thai, Chinese, and Other (in my case that is for the Laos, as my sister-in-law is of that decent and her mother ran a restaurant for years). Honestly, I think that's all I've tried. I would say maybe Japanese or Indian, but even that I'm not so sure of. I'm not a huge fan of Eastern food, but it's not all bad, and I know a lot of it is pretty good for you.

Chinese/JApanese food is always good. Sushi's okay, depends on the type.
    HuHot is actually my favorite restaurant to go to, so I guess Mongolian's included in there.

My favorite food is Indian. My co-workers (Indian) always joke that I must have been Indian in a previous life, as I hate "typical american food" and love most Indian food. I could be vegetarian eating Indian food, and I love meat. My favorite dish is vegetarian korma, but saag paneer, butter chicken, etc are great too. The only dish I've had that I didn't really care for was vindaloo with potatoes. Boring imo.

I love middle eastern food too... kibbe... shawarma... hummus... falafal... with a nice pot of sage tea. Good stuff.

Thai is great too. I think that was my first ... out there... kind of food. I grew up in a redneck town, so ethnic food mostly meant chinese buffets and the occasional hibachi. Panang curry is what got me started trying other foods. I liked how unsubtle it was. And the iced tea... wonderful.

Thai and vietnamese, since i came from Australia we have a huge asian influence and got to get a big liking for asian stuff.

Question: what exactly is "Hindu" food and how does it differ from Indian?

I like Thai, Japanese, and Chinese. Anymore I rarely eat Chinese food if I can find Thai or Japanese food (which is easy around phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Question: what exactly is "Hindu" food and how does it differ from Indian?
    Y'know, I can't explain if there is a difference. Let's just say I had Hindu food once, and it was ridiculously bland, while Indian food is not anything like that to me. Maybe I just got a bad example of Hindu food.

I like Chinese and Japanese certainly, probably more if I ever tried it. Not a great fan of Indian, but I'll eat it usually. Just would prefer a steak.

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    Y'know, I can't explain if there is a difference. Let's just say I had Hindu food once, and it was ridiculously bland, while Indian food is not anything like that to me. Maybe I just got a bad example of Hindu food.
    You can't separate the Hindu influence from Indian cuisine, so there's really no such thing as "Hindu food." Are you talking about the food they serve at temples?

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Also, anyone who's a fan of Indian, Thai, and Chinese should seek out a Malaysian restaurant.