Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diapers from the 80's and early 90's

Default diapers from the 80's and early 90's

I wish I could find some cheaper some where because I want the cute ones from when i was a baby and the thickeness and softness they were. Mabey one day I can buy some larges sizes from ebay if they are not too expensive or find a diaper friend close to me that has them.

Butterfly Mage

I know that *I* miss the quality of diapers from the 1980s and 1990s. It used to be that Attends was a diaper that could actually be used for real incontinence. They weren't trying to play the "undergarment that isn't a diaper" game either. You knew what it was. You knew what it was for. Attends from the 1980s were about 4x thicker than they are now. They used to be really awesome.

"Vintage" diapers are a hot item on ebay and sell for way more than I think their worth. You did say cheeper so I guess thats out. Abenas and 24/7s are cheeper and better than vintage adult diapers. Baby diapers are a different thing though. The old ones had padding wide in the front & rear like adult ones where the newer ones have a narrow strip front to back ant were thicker before wetting. The newer ones have SAP though and do hold a LOT more plus swell up nicely when wet.

Tushies don't have any SAP. They are quite thick and similar to older generation Pampers pre-SAP introduction. Cloth-like covering rather than just plain plastic to match other current generation diapers.

Can get them at Amazon or I don't think I've seen them locally in a store yet.

Hm. Tushies...I just want their packaging artwork framed on my wall. It looks awesome with all the cute little animals.

If only I could shrink my butt down small enough to fit them, though...or blow them up big enough to fit. I like the idea of them not having SAP.

I've got a super big stash of late 90's Luvs. It's sad that they don't make them anymore Unfortunately they're getting harder and harder to find nowadays. I'll be glad to PM pics if anyone wants them

molicare super-plus hark back to the 90s and you can even buy molicare 'classic' (i think) which are the older design, but you have to ask for them as they aren't advertised. similarly, and i'm not entirely sure as i haven't tried but, kendall lille are still producing the classic design and also not releasing them, or pushing them, into the retail market; you get them direct from the manufacturer.
    mollies on the right, in this pic pinched from windelnet-blog:

in the late 80s/early 90s, i found a local chemist which sold Peaudouce Slipad and these were very similar to the baby diapers of the time, apart from the hourglass cut. found a site with a bit of detail on their history(in french), to quote:

et les pics:

and these are scans of a promotional leaflet i got:

the adult and baby diapers from the 1970's. 80's and 90's were better then whats out there today.
    many of the diaper companies have made their diapers paper thin and have switched to the cloth like covers (which I hate)
    todays diapers seem all about profit vs quality and comfort.

u must be all old, if your talking about the diapers from the 80's and 90's.....aren't they like history now. Aren't the modern brands better for the enviroment anyway?