Thread: About time I joined a community somewhere.

Default About time I joined a community somewhere.

Well, seeing as I've had AB tendencies since as long as I can remember (thought I never recognized them as such until I was in my mid teens - the internet is a wonderful thing, eh?), it sure took me long enough to find a place to talk about them (or about other things with people who share them, at any rate).

So, in short, I'm an AB, I'm 18 years old, I have a really uncreative username, and it's nice to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyAB View Post
    Well, seeing as I've had AB tendencies since as long as I can remember (thought I never recognized them as such until I was in my mid teens - the internet is a wonderful thing, eh?), it sure took me long enough to find a place to talk about them (or about other things with people who share them, at any rate).

So, in short, I'm an AB, I'm 18 years old, I have a really uncreative username, and it's nice to be here.
    LazyAB, I see you are already up and running - 7 posts so far in just a few minutes. I read (from some of your other posts) that you play guitar. I'm a guitar player too and just finished building a sweet little solidbody Walnut/Koa Electric Ukulule. See this is not just a forum to post a couple of lines it's a place to get to know some things about other ADISC members.

The purpose of the greetings/intro is stared here:

If you're new, we ask that you make a topic in here to introduce yourself so we can get to know you and vice versa.
    If you're stuck for what to say in your greeting, here are some tips:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/greeting...roduction.html
    https://www.adisc.org/forum/greeting...mpression.html
    https://www.adisc.org/forum/greeting...adisc-org.html

I would suggest you take some more time here (read the rules and the stickies here for newcomers) and wait for other members to respond so you give yourself the opportunity to really get to be properly introduced to the ADISC community.

So welcome to ADISC and I hope to see you back here for a while.

Not much to say about me - I'm fairly easygoing and enjoy discussion. I'm a fairly nerdy guy - expect loads of science and star wars jokes. Also a huge heavy metal fan, and as you mentioned I play guitar. I'm pretty opinionated, and love debate, as long as it's not taken too seriously - it's the internet, after all. I'm fairly into outdoors-y stuff, too - hiking, fly fishing, rock climbing, etc. Anything that lets me see mountains and trees is something I like.

I've frequented various online forums for many years, and if I had to name a reason for joining up here I guess it'd be exactly what I said in the title - I've gone too long without having a place to interact with people without having to hide such a large part of my life. Hiding it in real life is tough enough, it'd be nice to have somewhere on the internet where I don't have to.