Thread: Intro

Default Intro

Please pardon me if I'm not doing this right. Even thought my career has been centered around computers since around 1970, I never have seemed to figure out these social network websites. It didn't seem I should introduce myself as a reply to someone elses intro so I started a new thread.

I tried to introduce myself as an adoptee and ask about others in that context as I would never be AB/DL if not for my interrupted infancy, but evidently that is not an "intro" about myself.

I am very much into both science and non-dualistic spirituality. My whole life I've been searching for the meaning of life both scientifically and spiritually. I guess that all has to do with mystery of my own origins that I've had to confront with my own life not knowing my birth parents or if I had any blood relatives anywhere in the world. I ended up studying a lot of cosmology, quantum physics, Buddhism, and other non-dual spiritual philosophies.

My draw towards diapers began almost as young as I can remember, at least since age 6 or 7 if not earlier. I remember seeing at night out my window into the house next door that a mom was forcing her 5 year old into diapers for the night because he was a night bed wetter. Something just got into my head that I wish someone would pay attention that way to me and force me into diapers for the night.

I had a failure to attach to my adoptive parents. Thought they loved me, I resisted anyone who paid attention to me. I really needed someone to force their attention on me. Hence this just stuck in my mind that I wanted someone to force me into diapers for my own good.

I only started acting on this desire less than ten years ago.

I have a family. My wife and best friend know of my odd desires. Probably nobody else, other than some in the AB/DL community that I interact with.

I hope that this is an appropriate intro. My last attempt to post an intro about myself was rejected, even though I felt it reflected the core of my being.

Very nice intro. I responded to your adoption thread without giving you a bad time..haha. I feel that the initial rejection by my birth parents, and the time in between at an adoption agency had a profound effect on my personality and wanting to be in diapers. I thought your thread was interesting, and it certainly applied to me. I was glad you posted it.

I hope you will enjoy ADISC and become involved in the many topics of discussion. We are a diverse group and have many interests. You created one of those interests, so, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
    I tried to introduce myself as an adoptee and ask about others in that context as I would never be AB/DL if not for my interrupted infancy, but evidently that is not an "intro" about myself.

I hope that this is an appropriate intro. My last attempt to post an intro about myself was rejected, even though I felt it reflected the core of my being.
    It wasn't so much that the thread was wrong at all, it just didn't tell us about you. It was a question thread, not a 'this is me' thread. It's been moved to another forum now, but people can still respond and debate on it. Your intro now is very appropriate

It sounds like you've done a lot of studying, I ended up doing a module in Buddhism last year at uni, it was so cool!

What sorts of outside interests do you have though? Hobbies, sports, collections...?

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon

Default Not rejected, just redirected!

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
    I tried to introduce myself as an adoptee and ask about others in that context as I would never be AB/DL if not for my interrupted infancy, but evidently that is not an "intro" about myself....

Welcome to ADISC, Namaste!

Good introduction! (This is your first thread/post of yours that I read). After I read this intro, I went to your initial thread (now in a different forum) and read it as well.

Thanks for starting the thread on adoption and it's possible correlation to AB/DL tendencies. Those of us that are reading both this intro and your first major thread do understand that this IS something that reflects the core of your being.

ADISC is a support community and hopefully you will sense that you are not rejected on any level. I believe the passion and voracity you show both in the "adoption thread" and in this intro/greeting show us an depth, authenticity and non-superficiality that we rarely see in a new member's first few posts.

I'm looking forward to all of your contributions to the community.

Again, Welcome to ADISC and as U2 so aptly stated: "I still haven't found what I'm looking for!"