Thread: Eating Disorders

Default Eating Disorders

I purge. It's not an everyday thing, or even a monthly thing. But when it happens I go all out.

Boxes upon boxes of crackers, chips, cakes, etc. So much that I feel like I have to purge.

I don't consider myself bulimic, and I don't want anyone here to try to diagnose me, but I do consider what I have been doing to be bad. I'm not immune to that logic. It just happens...I suppose.

I just wanted to know if others have had problems with food. Anorexia, Bulimia, Overeating, or just plain Pickiness. Perhaps to talk, or to tell their stories.

Just to let it out.

Of course, no one has to and everyone can skip this all together.

I think I just wanted to say something about my problem, for whatever reason.

Thanks!

Well, this might be kinda off-topic but I will get back t the topic soon xD.
    My friends and I like to play cards during lunch at school, and generally will all go and get lunch after half of lunchtime has passed. Sometimes, i get distracted and keep playing cards with those who had brought their lunch and ate in the school commons where we played cards. I just skipped lunch ever so often xP

Back to topic:
    I will get headaches when i skip a meal so I really have to be aware of when I am hungry. I will often get distracted and forget to make myself lunch and end up feeling horrible.
    I guarantee you aren't the only one here with that problem and this is a good thread! Thanks!

Can't say that I have any disorder, except sometimes I get a urge to eat, but can never satisfy my taste buds. Usually happens when overly bored, but sometimes stressed. Beside that, OVERLY picky with bones. Can never eat meat with the bone on it, its just "icky" for me.

Not really a disorder (as I could control it if I had better impluse control..>.>) but I tend to overeat a lot. I love food too much, and will feel hungry unless I completely stuff my face. I also get nasty headaches if I don't eat for long periods of time, that usually I can only get rid of with Ibuprofen.

I eat like 5 meals a deal, lol. Whenever I get just a little bit hungry I'll get up and go eat something, usually not much.

I hate throwing up, so sometimes I'll skip a meal if I know I'll be doing something that might make me nauseous.

When I was younger I was VERY VERY fat, then at about 5 years old, I developed Anorexic tendencies, and my mother took me to the hospital when my body weight was about 85-90% of expected weight (so not enough to be diagnosed with Anorexia, but significant nonetheless, considering I was overweight only a few months before)
    At the hospital I got back to normal weight, from then on, until I reached about 14 years old, I was one of the pickiest children ever, but I STUFFED MY FACE!!! I was always on the smaller side, but I ate about 2-3 times as much as others, because I was ONLY eating Fruit, Veg and Pasta, and occasionally the odd pizza as well as all the junk food you can imagine (crisps, ice creams, chocolates etc) . I had the restricted diet purely because I didn't like the taste of anything else

So for 9 years I had a very restricted diet, and I ate almost non-stop from 4pm-8pm on weekdays (between coming home from school and dinner) and then snacked after dinner. Because of this constant eating, my metabolic rate continued to rise, to the point where I was losing weight. When I was 14, my best friend's older brother came back over from America. He's a fantastic chef and one time I was there he made a meat dish. I usually didn't try food, but because I really liked him, I ate it and enjoyed it.

Since then I've been eating almost everything I can, I still have the same eating habits (9 years of behaviour are hard to erase) so I'm no longer under-weight, but I am still 9 1/2 stone and I'm 5 foot 10. I eat nearly 2 times the recommended daily intake of calories but don't put on any weight, as my metabolism is still very fast, but doctors say it will slow down once I reach my twenties. All I can say is, if I can't change my habits, when it does, hello obesity!

Sorry for the life story, its just the OP asked for our own experiences in the area.

As for bingeing, If eating for 4 hours straight doesn't count as bingeing, I don't know what does. I'd be glad to have chats with you about anything to do with this subject really. If you really think you're starting binge-purge cycles, I recommend you tell a doctor WITHOUT YOUR PARENTS. They will keep it confidential if you ask (they have to) and its been said by psychiatrists and other health professionals researching eating disorders that families and peers can often be the worst influences and can perpetuate the disorder and halt or hinder recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder92 View Post
    Since then I've been eating almost everything I can, I still have the same eating habits (9 years of behaviour are hard to erase) so I'm no longer under-weight, but I am still 9 1/2 stone and I'm 5 foot 10. I eat nearly 2 times the recommended daily intake of calories but don't put on any weight, as my metabolism is still very fast, but doctors say it will slow down once I reach my twenties. All I can say is, if I can't change my habits, when it does, hello obesity!
    *raises hand*

I grew up the same way, although I wasn't as picky. I ate like a horse all through childhood and stayed just on the safe side of underweight. I'm 37 now, and fighting tooth and nail to stay under 200 pounds at 6'0".

Bobbie

I don't have an eating disorder, but I have several friends who do or did. Get help!!! One trick my friends learned going through this was to snack on healthy foods that are time consuming to eat, like carrots, and have a little junky treat each day, but only small. That way you won't feel deprived. And just once, just don't throw up, no matter what you eat, and see how much better it feels. Maybe tell a doctor. That way you can stop your eating disorder before it happens. Best of luck!!!

Smile
    You are talented
    You are beautiful
    Every night , someone thinks about you before they go to sleep
    At least fifteen people in this world love you.
    The only reason someone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you
    There are at least two people in this world that would die for you
    You mean the world to someone.
    Someone that you don't even know
    exists
    loves
    you.
    When you make the biggest mistake ever,something good comes from it.
    When you think the world has turned its back on you, take *a look.
    Always remember the compliments you've received.
    Forget the rude remarks
    Those people are just jealous of your awesomeness*
    Hope this brightens your day!!!!