Thread: A song I will always remember

Default A song I will always remember

Hi. I know this is only my second post, but something tragic happened this morning. My grandfather passed away. We got the call at 6:00 am. I was still asleep when my mom came in and told me. At first I was depressed but stayed in a neutral mood, and barely said a word the whole way to where he was. However, when I entered the room and saw the lifeless, soulless, cold body that was once my grandfather, I could no longer hold back my emotions and broke down. I could hardly believe he was gone. Throughout the whole event one song was ringing in my head: "Dance of Fate" by Epica. Because of this I will always think of him when I hear that song, and the life he lived. All he wanted was to see my brother and I grow up, and he got his wish. He was a good man, and I will miss his sage-like advice.

Thank you for listening.

I'm sorry for your loss Shadowspirit9. It's always hard to lose a loved one, but around the Christmas holidays is even harder. I lost my mother two weeks before Christmas and my grandmother on my dad's side, Christmas morning.

There is a song I remember associated with my mom. She had come to live with me and my wife in Ohio because she was dying of cancer. Before she got much worse and slipped into a coma, she was able to come to a production our church was doing. The choir, which was 80 strong, many who sang with Cleveland Orchestra, was doing an evening program of Broadway show tunes. I sang "Try to Remember" from the Fantastics. I think it was the only time my mom ever heard me sing a solo, and it was the last time she would ever hear me sing. So yes, I do associate that song with her. If it makes you feel a little better, I can still feel her presence and my dad's for that matter. One day we will join our loved ones. Christmas is a time for wonder. Your grandfather may be closer to you than you could possibly imagine. Take care and enjoy the mysteries of life, because they are around you hidden from sight.