Thread: Anyone tried the ABU Classic Diapers?

Default Anyone tried the ABU Classic Diapers?

I was on ABU's site and saw their Classic diapers which are replicas of Pampers from the 70s I guess. Anyway, they're rectangular and have 2 tapes per side. Just wondering if anyone has tried these. Not really my kind of diaper but interesting 'cuz I didn't know they made these.

No I haven't, and don't plan to. They are for people who grew up wearing that type of diaper. It appears to be a bed pad with tape, but if someone likes it, Im in no place to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderhair View Post
    No I haven't, and don't plan to. They are for people who grew up wearing that type of diaper. It appears to be a bed pad with tape, but if someone likes it, Im in no place to judge.
    That's what I thought too!

I have used that type of diaper before not that particular brand but that same rectangular 2 tape diaper. They tapes on the one I used were not really permanently attached to they diaper they were just taped on one side and you could pull the whole tape off, unfold the tape and tape it back on. They lost their adhesion very fast as I had to try and retape several times to try to get a good fit which never happened. To be honest if you don't have any fond memories of them then they are not for you unless you just use it as a bed pad. The fit is horrible and there are no leg elastics of any kind, also where you fold it up in the middle never stays folded like that and you'll just end up with a crotch gap as wide as that pad is.

In case you haven't guessed they're not my cup-o-tea, and I don't plan on trying that type again. However if you're up for a baggy diaper that is leak prone, no leg cuffs or gathers, then by all means go for it.

If you find one with decent absorption then they might be ok but the fit of them is just not worth it. Which is why they don't really market them as heavily anymore.