Thread: Were you adopted? I mean really put up for adoption as a baby.

Default Were you adopted? I mean really put up for adoption as a baby.

Were you adopted? I mean really put up for adoption as a baby.

I've had AB/DL fantasies since I was at least 7 years old and am now almost 60. However, I've only been active in acting out my fantasies for the last 5 years or so. I've met a lot of AB/DL people in my explorations. I tend to hit them from left field by asking "Were you adopted?"

Oddly, more than 40% of the AB/DL people that I have come into contact with were adopted as infants.

Maybe that is an odd sampling of this community. But I do suspect there are a LOT of members of this community that were adopted as infants. More than you will find in the population in general (less that 5% in the general population). So I have a theory that there are quite a few of us that were adopted as infants that had a sort of traumatic interrupted infancy that created a desire to go back and re-do or complete that infancy stage.

Anyway, I'm just curious how many out there may have been adopted as infants. Please do post replys with your comments and thoughts. Thanks!

Hiya man, welcome to the site. This area is meant to introduce yourself, rather than just ask about things. You should tell us about yourself and your interests outside of the *B/DL world first, so we can get to know you better. This thread is probably better suited for the 'off topic' section, or maybe the 'adult baby area'

Anyways, welcome to the site!

This thread really doesn't go here so off it goes to Off-Topic. I encourage you to make a new thread to introduce yourself to the community.

As to the question...nope, not adopted.

Hi Namaste, JohnyABinAUS (that is from Australia) here, welcome to ADISC.

No I have never throught about the percentage of Adult Babies being a higher adoption rate than the general population. I for one am not adopted, (but sometimes when growing up could have almost wished to be), this maybe a good subject for a poll of members to test your research.

And just a little about me; I have interests in history, science and basic astronomy.
    Welcome and enjoy your time here. (Lets see that poll?)
    Last edited by johnyABinAUS; 14-Dec-2010 at 01:11. Reason: typo

Butterfly Mage

There were lots of times in my life when I wish I could have been adopted.

Fairly certain I'm not adopted, given that I look like my dad, and my fingers are bent in the same way as my mum.

I was, though I've written about this in other threads. I was adopted at the late age of 2. I think I must have spent some time an an adoption agency/orphanage because they were the ones who dealt with my adoptive parents. I can remember having two teddy bears, one new, and one very well used. I suspect the used bear came from the agency where I must have spent some time. I believe this crucial period of development is a primary contributor to my wanting to be in diapers and regressing.

By the time I went to my adoptive parents, I was talking and walking. All of my pictures as a child start there. Before that, I simply don't exist. To my birth parents.....I am a much better person than you. I have been a good father to my children, and I have never abandoned my responsibilities to them, to my wife, or anyone to whom I make a commitment.