Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst - Movies - Ever

Default Worst - Movies - Ever

Catherine Breillat. Worst - filmmaker - ever.

That's my opinion, I'm sticking to it. She has yet to make a film that didn't make me cringe with her obviously misanthropic streaks.

I expect a lot of people in this thread will mention any film by Uwe Boll. And they'd be right to.

The Michael Bay-produced Texas Chainsaw Massacre name-only remake - that was painful.

This thread is not about entertainingly bad films. Films by Lloyd Kaufman or Ed Wood are exempt in my mind here. This thread is for the painfully bad films.

Butterfly Mage

I have a few candidates for "Worst Movie Ever"

-- "Adaptation". This was a stultifyingly boring movie that was actually a movie about writing a movie. It had endless voiceovers and moved at a glacial pace. It was so bad that my partner's uncle fell asleep and my partner walked out. I stayed out of morbid curiosity. I figured that it HAD to get better before the end. It didn't.

-- "Battlefield Earth". First, the film was supposed to be a Scientology recruitment tool (it was an epic failure in this regard since the film was barely coherent). It picks a nice round number for the year (3000 CE). We're supposed to believe that mankind is able to learn how to fly fighter jets in 48 hours and that thousand-year-old airplanes would still fly. Sure.

-- "House of Mirth". An utterly joyless "period piece" in which we are supposed to believe that the main character is willing to poison herself to death at the end because she racked up a $5,000 gambling debt. Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I have a few candidates for "Worst Movie Ever"

-- "Adaptation". This was a stultifyingly boring movie that was actually a movie about writing a movie. It had endless voiceovers and moved at a glacial pace. It was so bad that my partner's uncle fell asleep and my partner walked out. I stayed out of morbid curiosity. I figured that it HAD to get better before the end. It didn't.

-- "Battlefield Earth". First, the film was supposed to be a Scientology recruitment tool (it was an epic failure in this regard since the film was barely coherent). It picks a nice round number for the year (3000 CE). We're supposed to believe that mankind is able to learn how to fly fighter jets in 48 hours and that thousand-year-old airplanes would still fly. Sure.

-- "House of Mirth". An utterly joyless "period piece" in which we are supposed to believe that the main character is willing to poison herself to death at the end because she racked up a $5,000 gambling debt. Yeah, right.
    I thought Adaptation was outright brilliant, but that's just me.

Battlefield Earth was a great comedy, though. Right up there with Basic Instinct 2.
    Last edited by KaworuVsDrWily; 13-Dec-2010 at 23:15. Reason: EDIT - on afterthought, some statements about my past probably don't belong here.

Sphere - I turned off halfway through.

Tomb Raider - I turned off within a minute.

How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days - do I really need to say _anything_ about this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewNo2 View Post

How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days - do I really need to say _anything_ about this?
    Sphere was decent I think. I own Tomb Raider on DVD, for a movie based on a video game it was pretty damn food I say and even better then Indy 4 with shia craptastic as Indy's son. How to lose a guy in ten days. haven't seen that one only bits and peices but it's far from the worst movie ever IMHO. most romantic comedies/dramas suck ass anyway.

That said. The Neverending Story part 3 is one of the worst movies ever which just so happens to be one of Jack blacks most early roles in film. Shit, even the music is freaking horrible.

... has any one seen dragon wars?? Worst movie ever lol

Time line - Great book, got 30 minutes into the movie, before I had to turn it off. Never finished it.

The Room - Originally, it was supposed to be a drama, but it was later re-branded as a comedy because the movie is so bad, its funny. Massive plot holes, bad acting, creepy sex scenes, and a producer/director/screen writer/main character who has a strange accent you can't place. A bad movie over all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewNo2 View Post

in re Sphere, the book was awesome. Didn't see the movie. I liked Tomb Raider for what it was - Angelina Jolie being hawt with guns.

Currently, my candidate for worst movie ever - The American with George Clooney. For someone who really likes spy movies, this had a lot of potential. But OMFG did it suck.

Ishtar. I actually went to see it in the theater since I had been to Morocco the summer before. I walked out of the theater thinking "What the *%$+ was that?"