Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back! And I have questions for you all!

Question I'm back! And I have questions for you all!

Hey guys, Shu/Rosie here How is everyone? I'm on break from my first semester at college. It's nice to be home for a month. My plans are just to relax, see my family and friends, volunteer at the local humane society, and "indulge" a little! I didn't wanna post this in the greetings/intro forum 'cause I actually need some advice!

What I mean by indulging is that I toughened up and ordered my first *B/DL diapers online... from ABUniverse. I know, I've heard that they can mess up orders, but from my observation, it looks like they upped their customer quality lately, by providing live help, shipping dates, etc. I am really proud of myself, but I am slightly worried that my mom will somehow get them if I'm not there. And if she does, I have this feeling she's either gonna open it up before I do, or ask me what's in it. Here's my question. If you've been in a situation similar to this, how did you handle it? What were your excuses? I'd really like my mom to never find out about this.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this

-Rosie

You list your location as "Azeroth", so I'll guess you like computers quite a bit. Now, most moms aren't really that into computers, so depending on the size of the package you could probably pretend its a new computer component. If she's the snoopy type, you might want to give her a heads up and tell her that you're getting new computer parts soon, and that they are very easy to break if they are mishandled. That way, she should steer clear of them. The trick for making this kind of lie work (apart from having parents that are technically illiterate) is to have complete confidence in what you're saying, to make it seem like no big deal. Showing you're nervous is probably the best way for your mom to catch on to the fact that you're not telling her the whole truth.

Anyway, good luck and congratulation on ordering your first diapers!

Peachy

You can always pass it off as a college prank. Like your friends offered to give you something for Xmas, and in a state of drunkenness, you said you wanted baby diapers, so they got you something in your size.

Either way, welcome back...home

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    You list your location as "Azeroth", so I'll guess you like computers quite a bit. Now, most moms aren't really that into computers, so depending on the size of the package you could probably pretend its a new computer component. If she's the snoopy type, you might want to give her a heads up and tell her that you're getting new computer parts soon, and that they are very easy to break if they are mishandled. That way, she should steer clear of them. The trick for making this kind of lie work (apart from having parents that are technically illiterate) is to have complete confidence in what you're saying, to make it seem like no big deal. Showing you're nervous is probably the best way for your mom to catch on to the fact that you're not telling her the whole truth.

Anyway, good luck and congratulation on ordering your first diapers!
    Thanks a lot for the idea! I do actually have a broken wireless mouse, so I'll definitely keep that in mind. I do actually like computers, but I'm more of a gamer than a tech geek :P

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    You can always pass it off as a college prank. Like your friends offered to give you something for Xmas, and in a state of drunkenness, you said you wanted baby diapers, so they got you something in your size.

That's a great idea, too And thanks a lot for the welcome, it's nice to be back.

well seeing as it's Christmas you could say it's her present and tell her not to open it

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post

^^^ This is an awesome idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimousdl View Post
    well seeing as it's Christmas you could say it's her present and tell her not to open it
    This is a pretty good idea, provided you actually buy her something the same size. If not, the computer/gaming equipment thing works pretty well, too, especially if you can say something like 'don't open it; it's SENSITIVE'.

Edit: sensitive as in 'you might break/wreck it!' not 'private'

tell her its some xmas presents or materials to make xmas presents or a box of assorted goods that are very very delicate that can break when mishandled. that should keep the parents at bay

I used the gift excuse with my wife a lot before she knew I was D/L and she never caught on.

I have used the computer parts idea before, and it worked great. I just said some technological stuff about a malfunctioning component and a replacement. I took it straight to my room and was never asked about it again. So if you are a computer person I would recommend going with something computer related.