Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Default The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

That's right, TSE V is set to release November 11th, 2011. Here's the trailer that was announced at Spikes Video Game Awards.
    It kinda suck that it's still a year away but hopefully that extra time will result in a better game. What do you guys think of this?

Saw this last night, and man am I pumped.
    Can't wait to start stealing everything as a Khajiit again.

You have no idea annoyed I am at the prospect of Mass Effect 3 and Elder Scrolls V coming out virtually at the same time. At least they are both coming while I'm on work term...

I wonder if we'll be able to ride dragons in skyrim, even just fighting them would be epic.
    I'm not a big fan of mass effect but I did see the trailer and it looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisusernamewontfi View Post
    It kinda suck that it's still a year away but hopefully that extra time will result in a better game.
    No it won't. Their still using the same damn game engie from Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas. The modding community will of course make the game better as the have with the last 3 games I just mentioned. But that's only going to work if you play the PC verison, people with consoles will of course as always get the shaft.

Updated edit: This game will use a new game engine it seems, if the game was going to look and act like oblivion I was going to pass it up. But then again, i'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3 the most. I like it's plot/storylines the most.

Not to mention Oblivion was a borefest.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 12-Dec-2010 at 22:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Not to mention Oblivion was a borefest.
    I disagree, Wile Oblivion was not as good as Morrowind it still is a great game that kept me playing for hours. They did make Oblivion easier to get into then Morrowind partly because of you never were just told to just head north with nothing other then a dagger. Oblivion had a compass that pointed you right where to go which made the start of the game easy, as far a quest advancement goes.

Who knows, maybe this time it'll be possible to alt-tab without fear of the game crashing on you.

I loved Morrowind and all the expansions, I psyched myself up for oblivion and although it wasn't the most amazing game I played through it several times. If this goes back to more of a Morrowind feel with kick ass graphics, I would be happy.