Thread: Local shop

tucka20

Default Local shop

Hi, haven't really posted much on here, just joined lol. My local shop has been getting some adult nappies (depends, best that I can find where I live) but I have never bought from them as I know 1 or 2 of the workers. Now, do you think it would be better for me to go on a 3hour round cycle to get them or to nip along the street and get them?

nip along
    What is that?

Do you have any stores that are closer? Almost all Grocery stores such as Wal-Mart and Meijer have depends, and usually a better brand eg. Assurance for Wal-Mart.

tucka20

sorry, local dialect where I live in the UK. nip along- basically to go along to the shop. The nearest I have is tesco (like walmart) and that is about 1 hour away on bike, +time in store, +coming home about 3 hours so its that or risking going to the shop near mine

Tesco probably won't have anything good. If you have a large ASDA with a pharmacy nearby I hear some of those can have good stuff in, but other than that depends are probably the best you can get in your situation.

I dunno if you should go to the local shop or not, it depends on how well you know the people there. They'll probably just assume you're buying for an old person or something, and it'll be fine, so it's a lot easier than a huge cycle ride.

I usaly like to get in and out fast but I usaly do a quick lap of the store so no one I know is there

Quote Originally Posted by Jack26 View Post
    I dunno if you should go to the local shop or not, it depends on how well you know the people there. They'll probably just assume you're buying for an old person or something, and it'll be fine, so it's a lot easier than a huge cycle ride.
    I think it has a lot to do with who it is you know there, and how well they know you. If it is a firned of a friend, they could think it is for another person, just depends on how you go about it. Though if it is a good friend they may know if you have somone in your family that would need it, or what you job is. I find that the old scrubs I have from working at a vet and later just to putter around my ceramic studio are great for making people think that you are a CNA or somthing... so you would with old people. and you can order or get scrubs foe about 10 a ful set. Though this may not work for you.

wish there was more that I could tell you

Well if you dont know them specifacally well go for it but i mean if you can get better nappies going to 3 hours round trip might it be worth it?

This is a tough question. For me, a bicycle ride for an hour is long. A 3 hour trip on a bike is too long for me just to get diapers. While living with my parents, my mountain bike was used for trips around town almost as much as my car. Never did I leave town on my bike to go buy something. Buying diapers where I know people is just about as unacceptable. The local pharmacy never received my business because I knew almost everyone who worked there. The fact that Dad grew up with them made matters even worse.

My advice is to call to the other store and find out what diapers are available. If they are better, go there. If not, reconsider how well you know the 2 people at the local pharmacy.

I can't see Tescos selling any sort of Adult diapers. Apart from the panty type ones.
    This is totally up to you.