Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window Seat

Default Window Seat

Erykah Badu gets butt naked on the spot where JFK was assassinated. All in the name of performance art! It was done in one take, with one camera, no permits, with indecent exposure witnessed by many tourists who had no idea what was going on.

I would also post a link to a YouTube news article about it, but all of them seem to focus on how horrible they thought that video is.

Yeah, I can see the point she is getting at. I wonder if the way she went about it really was worth it, but then again, performance artists work in mysterious ways. If anything, she deserves an award for audacity - she's got bigger balls than her detractors!
    Last edited by KaworuVsDrWily; 11-Dec-2010 at 23:52.

I love the song & she took guts in that video!
    Last edited by dbthekid; 12-Dec-2010 at 02:33.

0_o Like you said.... gotta give her cred for being daring if anything!

I really liked it! Quite artistic =D

Maybe, But I think there should have been at least a permit and something to warn the public, Im pretty sure most of those parents with kids didn't enjoy their children staring at a naked person.

"This video is not available in your country". F*ck you, YouTube! I feel discriminated against by my nationality! *sues YouTube for $10 kazillion*

Geez, if all "Performance Art" means anymore is doing something generally considered to be indecent or offensive in a politically sensitive location, I think I've just figured out how to pay back all my college loans. Any idiot with half a brain can do this!

At least the video had good production value. And I gotta admit, takes balls and a pretty strong level of fortitude to strip down in public without having any (visible) nervous/emotional reaction.

JFK is one of my heroes, one of the nation's heroes. John F. Kennedy was a revolutionary; he was not afraid to butt heads with America, and I was not afraid to show America my butt-naked truth
    ...that's the worst metaphor I've ever heard in my life. Sorry, I just don't find this clever in any way.

I personally dislkiked that music and didn't watch it long enough to see her get naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    "This video is not available in your country". F*ck you, YouTube! I feel discriminated against by my nationality! *sues YouTube for $10 kazillion*
    Actually, they probably were trying to protect you from immorality. America is already fucked, so why bother trying to save it?