Thread: Awareness

Default Awareness

I've noticed throughout the ABDL community there are several people who use enemas and/or laxatives. In light of this I want to post some possible effects their continual and persistent use may have.

As far as enemas are concerned, undergoing enemas can disrupt the mechanisms that are in place to allow your body to generate its own bowel movements - for some people, it can become near impossible to have a bowel movement without having an enema. This is the extreme end of overuse. If you are going to use enemas frequently, do some research on their proper use so you don't end up dependent on them.

Now then, laxatives. Frequent use of laxatives can cause any of the following: severe dehydration, nervousness, restlessness, insomnia, high blood pressure, severe headaches, fatigue, hyperactivity, heart palpitations, irregular heart beats, congestive heart failure, heart attack, stroke, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, excessive perspiration, blurred vision, high fevers, urinary tract infections, tremors, confusion, hallucinations, renal failure, convulsions, death. Keep in mind, it is not limited to just those.

Understand in order to increase the amount of bowl movements you have all you have to do is increase your fiber intake. If you do that, you will have also have to ensure you don't get constipated, all you have to do is stay hydrated, your best choice being water. This is where having a proper diet comes into play. If you don't know what a proper diet is consult a nutrition or as most of you might do, Google.

Altough it is not as prevelant as a problem, I also want to include Diuretics. A Diurectic is a substance that augments the removal of fluids from the body through urination. Abusing diuretics can lead to dehydration and severe potassium deficiencies which can be quite dangerous. The most common is Caffeine. Once again, to avoid having issues, stay hydrated.

The best way to this is to ensure a good electrolyte balance, being mainly comprised of salt, potassium, and of course water.

I am not trying to say not to use enemas, laxatives, or diuretics I am, however, trying to raise awareness of the problems asscociated with their missuse.

If you have further questions feel free to ask, or consult google.

Be Well

Personally I thought this was pretty common knowledge, every time someone posts a thread on this subject there's always a few people who chime in and let people know about it. Not that this is a bad thing, far the opposite.

My mantra for life... Everything in moderation.