Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control?

Kip

Default Gun Control?

OK. I'm curious what everyone's stance on gun control is. I personally enjoy going out to the range and mutilating paper targets. My enjoyment of guns stems from earning the Rifle Shooting and Shotgun Shooting merit badges with my Boy Scout troop. My stance on gun control is that it is my right to own firearms, as per the second amendment of the Constitution. I think that people with mental issues should not be allowed to own firearms, along with people convicted of felony offenses(and some misdemenors). Now, I own 4 guns so far, two .22 bolt action rifles, a Stag Arms AR-15, and a Binelli 20 Gauge shotgun. Pictures below.

(Both .22 rifles are the same make and model)

Darkfinn

I subscribe to the old addage "A well armed society is a polite society."

FullMetal

I can't believe you have a stag O.o I didn't think you could own that if you weren't in the army. Can I come over! I always wanted to try one of those out!

And my thoughts on gun control?

Well, I dream of having a Mac 10, does that clear anything up >.> ?

I can't wait until I am old enough to start owning guns. You would never think of me as that kind of person, but they interest me so much. I will probably start off with a Smith and Wesson, then go on from there

FullMetal

I've fired a Mac 10, with a silencer. It was most epic. Legal to own in mich, need to buy it first illegally, then submit the serial number for a permit to own it.

guns don't serve a purpose... i really don't think anyone should own one and i think the second amendment is... not worth going into.

having said all of that, if you own a gun and enjoy it, awesome. they largely don't affect me so who am i to tell people what they can and cant do?

Footed P.J.

I am a firm believer in amendment 2. I also wish that death rows would stop spending millions on crazy execution apparatus like he gas chamber or electric chair. We need guns in this capacity.

Countdown

I believe people should be allowed to own guns, if over the age of 18, and have had no previous criminal offenses or mental problems.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    My stance on gun control is that it is my right to own firearms, as per the second amendment of the Constitution. I think that people with mental issues should not be allowed to own firearms, along with people convicted of felony offenses(and some misdemenors).
    That sounds good on paper, but won't work unless you enforce it and that statement seems rather contradictory. All people have a right to firearms, except those with issues or criminal record? That doesn't exactly stop a person with no history of mental illness and no criminal record from going out and shooting a few people up. You seem adamant about gun control, but don't offer any possible solution to the issue.

All I know is that here in Australia, it is a long and somewhat troublesome process to attain any sort of gun. Amidst background checks, you must have proper training to obtain a licence. I don't see it as the government denying me the right to own a gun, I see it as the government protecting me from any sort of idiot or maniac from having a weapon that can kill. Not that I'm calling it coincidence (although it certainly seems that way), but there is significantly less gun-related deaths here than there are in the US. How many murders or killing sprees does it take to wake up and realise that (whilst it is well in your right to own a firearm) that these things do kill and that common sense should prevail in the form of tightening up gun laws.

Unfortunately for Australia, we had to learn the hard way. But thankfully, federal government addressed the problem appropriately.

As a hunter i support some legislation to control guns but not all out banning.