Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do for money until I get a job?

Default What to do for money until I get a job?

Here is my situation I'm a Wedding photographer, I only have two weddings for next year. So I've been looking for a job since July applying all over the place. Ive gotten several interviews but I never get a call back so I'm still trying but well I simply have no idea what to do to pay for gas for next semester... I can't find a job there is no work in my actual job and selling stuff is out of the question...so yeah any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Here is my situation I'm a Wedding photographer, I only have two weddings for next year. So I've been looking for a job since July applying all over the place. Ive gotten several interviews but I never get a call back so I'm still trying but well I simply have no idea what to do to pay for gas for next semester... I can't find a job there is no work in my actual job and selling stuff is out of the question...so yeah any ideas.
    Semester, are you in College/University? I would look to see if they have any student employment service, they are there for people in your situation. Also, if you're faculty offers a co-op program it will provide both money and valuable work experience.

Short of that, you need to either apply everywhere or use any relationships you have to help you land a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Semester, are you in College/University? I would look to see if they have any student employment service, they are there for people in your situation. Also, if you're faculty offers a co-op program it will provide both money and valuable work experience.

Short of that, you need to either apply everywhere or use any relationships you have to help you land a job.
    Well I tired a job at the uni but they don't allow me since I have a certain among of scholarships I'm nit eligible they reserve this espits for people with little to no financial aid. So I'm screwed and other then that I'm screwed.

Sell plasma or sperm for spending money. They'll take just about any plasma, but sperm is more selective (pays more too).

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    Sell plasma or sperm for spending money. They'll take just about any plasma, but sperm is more selective (pays more too).
    Problem with that is many sperm places only want college graduates. I'm not one of em.

What about part time jobs in grocery stores? I know you live in PR, so I'm not sure if you have the same opportunities as we have state side. Do they have car washes? Can you DJ? DJ's make a lot of money at weddings and they don't really do anything. You do need a loud sound system, however.

Kratos

Heck, try to find a nearby smallish town with a nice restaurant that is very busy. They will always be looking for people there and they typically hire polite college students.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    What about part time jobs in grocery stores? I know you live in PR, so I'm not sure if you have the same opportunities as we have state side. Do they have car washes? Can you DJ? DJ's make a lot of money at weddings and they don't really do anything. You do need a loud sound system, however.
    Car washes and stuff are good ideas but well don't work here since people here go with family ya know Djing sounds nice but too much of a hassle for little cash and I'd rather not make enemies with future djs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Heck, try to find a nearby smallish town with a nice restaurant that is very busy. They will always be looking for people there and they typically hire polite college students.
    they are no such things as towns here so that's out of the question I also looked to find plasma donation and they are no such things in PR so I'm screwed.
    Last edited by dragsnick; 11-Dec-2010 at 17:03.

Problem with that is many sperm places only want college graduates. I'm not one of em.
    Everyone wants plasma. Its, what, 30 bucks per visit? Decent spending cash for a college student.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    There was a case a few years ago where a person who was conceived on anonymously banked sperm sued the sperm back for all the person details of the donor and won. I will never, ever donate sperm after hearing that.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

I also looked j tompkasma donation and they are no such things in PR so I'm screwed.
    Did you have a seizure partway through this sentence?