Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Am Forever Cursed

Default I Am Forever Cursed

Ain't been on in a while, been busy at Uni. It's been a new, exciting and slightly scary experience, and i've met some awesome people. However, I was hanging out with some friends last night at a local bar and got talking to a rather interesting girl. But before i could ask her if she'd like go out some time, or something like that, i spotted her huging and kissing a guy who was clearly her boyfriend. This has happened to me before. It seems like i'm cursed, every girl that i get interested in, turns out to be with another guy already My friend says that i need to lower my expectations but, he doesn't seem to get that the important thing in a girl to me is personality and getting on well with them. Any advice or help?

You're only eighteen, no worries. Granted, I'm seventeen, but this helps me with my point:
    You have all the time in the world to find the perfect girl for you. One you can hang-out with, and care for.

It'll come eventually, don't fret.

Don't lower your expectations. I mean, don't expect a girl to be completely perfect, but it's good to have standards. When you find the right girl, you'll be really glad you didn't settle for someone else. And remember, nothing worth having comes easy. Hang in there

You should consider yourself lucky actually you found out she was with someone before you had to embarrass yourself.
    Don't worry though, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You have to try to win, so keep trying.

Remeber this bro, it's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase.

Don't worry, exactly the same thing happened to me. I was 20 and each time I wanted to talk to a girl, she was with another boy. I was so tired of failing I decided to give up and I started to talk to girls in order to become a "good friend" and absolutely not a "close friend". One of these girls why very shy, I learned she was exactly like me (and like you), disapointed of always failing. Little by little we became closer and now we've been together for 6 years. So this is my advice: do not lose patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Remeber this bro, it's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase.
    I concur with this. It's so much fun to look at people and tease them unknowingly, but when they start liking you back... it's kind of boring. Unless you keep it exciting, of course.

(Also, I know how you feel, broski. I'm not single ATM, but when I was... well... I thought nobody would ever come along, and if they did, they would probably use me like a Kleenex. Feels bad, man. *pat pat pat*)

Don't give up on them just because they're taken! Keep talking, be a friend, just a friend. Then, if they break up with whoever they're with, POUNCE!

Also, I've got schizoid PD, man. I could find a single girl and be scared out of my mind of getting close. I happen to have found someone I'm comfortable with, but I'm still scared out of my mind over it, even though we're great together. Keep on trucking, you'll get someone, just don't worry too much on it.

I wouldn't worry too much. You are only 18 and have many years to search for someone right for you. I was 25 before I found the right woman for me. Before that, I hadn't been successful in even asking a person on a date for the previous 7 years. Trying and failing for so many years really sucked. However, waiting until I found the right person was definitely worth it. Keep your chin up. It is likely that you will eventually find someone right for you.