Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ADISC Secret Santa

Default ADISC Secret Santa

Ok, here's the deal.

We're going to have a virtual pretend Secret Santa.

For those of you that don't know, Secret Santa is when all the names get put into a hat and everyone gets assigned someone to buy a present for.

Obviously we won't be buying presents for people, but we can send them links of what we would have bought. Now last year at uni we did a very odd one, with some very specific rules. And we're going to do that here!

1. You must spend exactly 15.32 (that's 24.09 US Dollars, 18.29 Euros, 24.55 Australian Dollars, 24.35 Candian Dollars)
    2. You may buy more than one item
    3. You must choose one currency and stick with it
    4. At least one of the items must begin with the first letter of the name of the person you're buying for (Ex. If you're buying for me, at least one item must begin with T)
    5. You must post a direct link to the item(s) which includes a price
    5. Be creative (that's not really a rule, it's just important or things get boring)

So, you'll have until Tuesday 14th December to sign up to get involved. On that day I'll stop taking entries and assign everyone someone to buy for. You'll then have until the 21st December to find and post your present for the person you've been assigned.

If you haven't posted your presents by the 19th I will send you a reminder PM since it's not nice for people to be left out, so by signing up you're agreeing to that. And by reminder I mean nagging, and by nagging I mean nasty... Ok, it's Christmas so not nasty... but still! By signing up you're agreeing to take part, so stick to your word, it's only fair!

This post was brought to you with thanks to babyjess for her ideas

So... who would like to join in? I'll be keeping a list here of people who say aye. Feel free to give me a prod if I manage to miss you.

Members Taking Part:
    Talula
    Snaps
    Spaz
    Near
    Babyjess
    Shukkume
    Statik
    UnMarth
    Legokid
    Jimini
    Closetdl
    Arlikra
    Princeofwands
    Shyguy
    Ikklesammy
    Sparkmaster
    Powderhair
    Peachy
    Turtleie
    Nihlus
    Garfiode
    HelpPlz
    Yoshinori
    Huddles
    ShiningFire
    Noodle
    MuddyAlaskanZJ
    Jaxz
    Altric
    Last edited by Kale; 14-Dec-2010 at 15:02. Reason: Removed my edit mistake.

Aye! I'll take part ...for the thrill of Christmas shopping (pretend shopping, I mean).

crazykittensmile

I want to join! Mememememememememememememememe!!

Me!! I want presents. ME!!! I want lots of lovely presents (or exactly 15.32's worth.) And I suppose I will do the done thing and get some for someone else as well...

Also, what if the exchange rate changes between now and 14th? :p

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I want to join! Mememememememememememememememe!!

Me!! I want presents. ME!!! I want lots of lovely presents (or exactly 15.32's worth.) And I suppose I will do the done thing and get some for someone else as well...

Also, what if the exchange rate changes between now and 14th? :p
    Well, I'm sure it'll be negligable... but if some currency completely crashes then I'll rework it out

Members Taking Part:

Talula
    Snaps
    Spaz
    Near
    Babyjess
    Shukkume
    statik

Last time I took part in a secret santa thing, I ended up with a sweet book on early Christian history vis-a-vis post-2nd-temple Judaism. Count me in.