This is a repost of our ADISC Community Newsletter, December 2010 edition, for the benefit of those people who missed the email version, and those people signing up after it was sent.

I highly encourage everyone to sign up for the email version of this.
To do so, go to this page, make sure "Recieve Official Email" is checked, and save. The only "official email" we send is the (rare) newsletter, and we do not share your email address with anyone, ever.

This seems to be the time of year that people give thanks for the good things that have happened to them, and, as the year draws to a close, wonder what the future holds.

In that spirit, I'd like to thank all the members who have been visiting, contributing to and generally supporting the site in 2010.

Long ago, ADISC started with only around a dozen members. Now, we have almost twice that joining per day. We started with a single post, and recent numbers suggest we are getting over 700 per day.

What really matters, though, is the strength of our community. The closeness of our friendships, the wisdom of the advice we give each other, and the way we go out of our way to support those that are new, or just down on their luck.

The closeness between us as people is what truly makes us great.

In the spirit of the season, and of building that closeness, I ask two things of each of you.

The first thing is to be thankful for what you have - even if it is not very much right now. Sometimes, it helps to take a moment to remember all the challenges we have overcome. This can help us put life in perspective, and empower us to approach the world with a positive, can-do outlook that will help us succeed in future challenges.
If someone has helped you, be it on ADISC or elsewhere, take the time to thank them. Taking a moment to sincerely thank them recognizes the contribution they have made to your life, and will make you both feel good.

You can also share what you are thankful for with us, at:
- or just read what other members are grateful for. Some of the answers may surprise you!

The second thing I ask is for you to aim for great things in 2011. That will mean something different for each of you, and that's ok. Just know that I want you to succeed, your friends at ADISC want you to succeed, and you probably have several other people in your life who really want you to succeed as well! Embrace your supporters. Let their energy lift you up. Let it energize you. Let it empower you.

Share your goals with us, too, at:
As they say, a written goal has four times the power of an unwritten one!
Hopefully, proclaiming your goals will inspire you, and thus make you more likely to achieve them!

I hope I've inspired you all in some small way, and that you all have an excellent Christmas, as well as a most fun and enjoyable New Year.

Best wishes,
-ADISC Founder