Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hard Alcohol

Default Hard Alcohol

OK, i've seen a couple of threads asking about the amount of consumption, However, I haven't seen a preference thread so here we go.

When you drink hard alcohol what is/are your most preferred type, brand, and mix. While we are here we might as well cover least liked type as well.

For me It's whiskey. My favorite brands are Yukon, Jack Daniels Monogram, Jameson, and Seagram's 7.

Other than shots and on the rocks, I will mix Yukon and Dr. Pepper, and everything else just gets mixed with coke.

as far as least liked, Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. I used to drink it a lot, Now I can't stand the taste.

Seagrams? Eww.

I'm a bourbon man myself. The good stuff that you only get as gifts. Makers Mark, Woodford reserve etc. My ultimate gift would be a barrel of the Woodford Reserve. Winsauce.

I've sorta stopped drinking, but I'll always be a fun of Baileys :P I know, weak!
    I had a terrible experience with whiskey once and haven't been able to touch it for a good two years now, ha ha!

I'm fond of vodka (finlandia in particular) and I probably go through an unhealthy amount of Bacardi 151 (as 50/50 rum and cokes). On the lighter side, I like frangelico.

I hate jager and ouzo and all that awful anise-based stuff. Blech!

For shots, my favourites are Jagermeister, Peach Schnapps, Vodka, & Malibu.

As for mixed drinks, my favourites are Sex on the Beach (vodka, peach schnapps & grenadine), Jolly Rancher (apple schnapps, peach schnapps & cranberry juice), Jager Bombs (jagermeister & redbull), Screwdrivers (vodka & OJ) & Blue Hawaiian (blue curacao, malibu rum & pineapple juice).

I have an ulcer, so I can't drink very much. However, I've recently discovered Makers Mark, which on my bottle, is labeled as whiskey. I know this is sacrilege, but I've been putting it in eggnog. It's really good. As for mixed drinks, I usually have a bloody mary if I go out. You would think having an ulcer and the hot sauce in the bloody mary wouldn't be a good partnership, but it doesn't seem to bother me. Sunday is my birthday, so Saturday or Friday will be hello Red Lobster and hello bloody mary.

I'm something of a scotch man myself. Ballantines has always been a brand I know and love. Other than that, Canadian Club is pretty decent stuff too. In terms of the clear stuff, Svedka or Nikolia, the two best vodkas I've ever tasted.

Now, the only cocktails I usually drink are martinis and scotch on the rocks. Not a huge fan of rum and tequila myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    Seagrams? Eww.

I'm a bourbon man myself. The good stuff that you only get as gifts. Makers Mark, Woodford reserve etc. My ultimate gift would be a barrel of the Woodford Reserve. Winsauce.
    A man after my own heart.

My liquor of choice is either Makers' Mark or Elijah Craig (bourbon) or Scapa (Scotch). You can have the rest of it.

That said, I would evolve into a raging alcoholic if I kept liquor on hand, so I stick to beer most of the time.

I had a bit of an issue with alcoholism in college... I drank copious amounts of Smirnoff vodka, sometimes as much as a fifth a day. That was also a fun era during parties, as I'd take the flame arrestor off a bottle of Bacardi 151 and start drinking from the bottle, mostly for the sheer hilarity of watching people flip the fuck out! (the trick is to tilt your head back far enough so that it never actually touches your mouth and goes straight to the back of your throat)

Now, the smell of any vodka that's lesser than Gray Goose and I want to vomit. I never puked from vodka, but the smell of the cheap stuff brings back some unpleasantness. Generally, I avoid vodka entirely.

These days, microbrew beer is my favorite alcohol, but in terms of hard liquor, I'm really getting into Scotch. I haven't tried a lot of different ones yet, but having tried both double- and single-malt, I definitely understand the differences and am excited to try more. I have a 12-year-old single malt in the cabinet right now, and it's amazing with a splash of water!

Also, Patrone (tequila) is one of the greatest liquids ever devised to be consumed by humans.

My loving, wonderful, 24/7 diaper-wearing DL boyfriend, to whom I refer on the internets as Mr. X, is a Captain Morgan guy. I can't even stand the smell of that, and the taste makes me want to wash my mouth out with, well, anything, really. I'd probably take stale piss over Captain Morgan. Sorry, just can't do Captain.