Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

So I figured it was about time I introduced myself. My name is Liz and I'm 19 and from the US. I used to be into the whole TB thing a few years back but I started trying to repress it in high school. It worked, somewhat, never really went away though. A few months ago I started dating my current boyfriend and he eventually confessed to me that he was a TB. Awesome coincidence, right? I was pretty excited. Since then I have been letting myself get back into all this and he and I have been exploring it together. Soooo besides that, I'm a college student, part of a sorority, and on my school's Quidditch team. I enjoy reading and writing and lots of other things. So yeah, hi!
    Last edited by Nox; 08-Dec-2010 at 22:10.

Hey, and welcome. It sounds like you lucked out, but you didn't really say anything about your normal life. For example what types of book interest you or what do enjoy doing in your free time? Feel free to share because everyone here has this side in common and this post is to imform people of our other interests on life.

I like a lot of different things. As far as reading goes, my favorite author is V.C. Andrews. I don't have much free time between spending time with my boyfriend, doing school work, doing sorority stuff, and playing a sport. I usually fill it with reading or going to the gym or just hanging out on the internet. I live at school so I'll be going home for winter break soon. I have a part time job and like just hanging out with friends and such. I have a few pets too (two cats, two parakeets, and a chinchilla). That pretty much sums everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox View Post
    So I figured it was about time I introduced myself. My name is Liz and I'm 19 and from the US. I used to be into the whole TB thing a few years back but I started trying to repress it in high school. It worked, somewhat, never really went away though. A few months ago I started dating my current boyfriend and he eventually confessed to me that he was a TB. Awesome coincidence, right? I was pretty excited. Since then I have been letting myself get back into all this and he and I have been exploring it together. Soooo besides that, I'm a college student, part of a sorority, and on my school's Quidditch team. I enjoy reading and writing and lots of other things. So yeah, hi!
    Quidditch!! Awesome!! How does that work??

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Quidditch!! Awesome!! How does that work??
    Haha yeah it is pretty awesome. Itís basically rugby with broomsticks. You have to keep your hand on your broom at all time and your broom between your legs, which makes it difficult to hold the balls. We have a volleyball for the quaffle and three dodgeballs for bludgers. If you get bludged by one of the beaters, you have to drop any ball you might have and run back to your teamís goal post and tag it to get back in. Each team has three hoops which are pretty much hoola hoops on poles. Iím a chaser so I score and block other people. Itís full contact with almost no restrictions so it gets really rough and intense. We have to have paramedics on the field at every tournament because people get hurt so often. Itís so much fun though and way more physical and intense than I thought it would be when I first heard about it. A lot of universities on the east coast and even some high schools are getting teams together. We just had the world cup in New York where we played against a bunch of other teams from all over. Itís a really good time :]

Haha yeah it is pretty awesome. It’s basically rugby with broomsticks. You have to keep your hand on your broom at all time and your broom between your legs, which makes it difficult to hold the balls. We have a volleyball for the quaffle and three dodgeballs for bludgers. If you get bludged by one of the beaters, you have to drop any ball you might have and run back to your team’s goal post and tag it to get back in. Each team has three hoops which are pretty much hoola hoops on poles. I’m a chaser so I score and block other people. It’s full contact with almost no restrictions so it gets really rough and intense. We have to have paramedics on the field at every tournament because people get hurt so often. It’s so much fun though and way more physical and intense than I thought it would be when I first heard about it. A lot of universities on the east coast and even some high schools are getting teams together. We just had the world cup in New York where we played against a bunch of other teams from all over. It’s a really good time :]
    Haha that sounds so cool! I'll have to see if there's a Scottish team!

Kratos

Haha yeah it is pretty awesome. It’s basically rugby with broomsticks. You have to keep your hand on your broom at all time and your broom between your legs, which makes it difficult to hold the balls. We have a volleyball for the quaffle and three dodgeballs for bludgers. If you get bludged by one of the beaters, you have to drop any ball you might have and run back to your team’s goal post and tag it to get back in. Each team has three hoops which are pretty much hoola hoops on poles. I’m a chaser so I score and block other people. It’s full contact with almost no restrictions so it gets really rough and intense. We have to have paramedics on the field at every tournament because people get hurt so often. It’s so much fun though and way more physical and intense than I thought it would be when I first heard about it. A lot of universities on the east coast and even some high schools are getting teams together. We just had the world cup in New York where we played against a bunch of other teams from all over. It’s a really good time :]
    Oh my gosh, that sounds awesome!

Welcome, curious if your name is from anything? (just reminded me of an episode of stargate xD)

You, Nox, are officially awesome! Quidditch, that's amazing.

@Coyote_Howl - I don't know her reason behind the Username, but Nox is Latin for night. Also used as a spell to turn off the lumos spell in HP (which might have something to do with the username)

Yup, just Latin for night. Though I do also enjoy the fact that it's used in Harry Potter