Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realistic chance of meeting other ab/dl's

Ryry18

Default Realistic chance of meeting other ab/dl's

I don't know if this has ever been asked but I was wondering if it's actuay realistic to meet other ab/tb/dl/etc. I'm only 18 and live in southern California but I've always wanted to meet others and hang out. So yea again sorry if this was ever asked before

Meeting people you've met online (even on ADISC) is generally not advised.

I would advise that you concentrate your efforts on becoming a more well-known and established member of the site before asking about meets =)

Once you've become an Established Contributor, you'll gain access to the ECs' forum, which is where these sort of things are usually discussed.

Wait! there's a forum for EC's? Maybe i'm just way behind on exploring the new stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryry18 View Post
    I don't know if this has ever been asked but I was wondering if it's actuay realistic to meet other ab/tb/dl/etc. I'm only 18 and live in southern California but I've always wanted to meet others and hang out. So yea again sorry if this was ever asked before
    Between much of this site's membership being underage, and the social faux pas associated with violating group norms, I'd advise you not worry about meeting others through here to "hang out" with IRL.

Peachy

It's realistic to meet other ABs. However, as others pointed out, don't look for people on ADISC. Due to the presence of minors here, you should avoid doing so at all costs as you may otherwise meet Big Bubba in jail. Not to mention, looking for other people to meet on ADISC is against the rules.

So please keep this thread free of even the slightest hint of wanting to meet, or I'll have to delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlikra View Post
    Forgive me if I missed something, but I didn't read this as him trying to hook up with or hang out with people here. I just read it as a legitimate question about meeting people.

For our OP, meeting people that you've met online is one of those things that can go well or go badly. Regardless of whether the person is on here, is an from some other site, or just a random person, always be safe about a first meeting. Go to a public place like a coffeeshop, tell someone of your plans to meet a person at whatever place at whatever time, and don't go home with them or invite them over on the first meeting.

I've met some cool people, I've met some lame people, and I've had a few flake out on me. Like I said, be safe about it, and you'll keep it contained and under control if the person is flaky or sketchy.

This is all general advice, not adisc specific.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlikra View Post
    Forgive me if I missed something, but I didn't read this as him trying to hook up with or hang out with people here. I just read it as a legitimate question about meeting people.

For our OP, meeting people that you've met online is one of those things that can go well or go badly. Regardless of whether the person is on here, is an from some other site, or just a random person, always be safe about a first meeting. Go to a public place like a coffeeshop, tell someone of your plans to meet a person at whatever place at whatever time, and don't go home with them or invite them over on the first meeting.

I've met some cool people, I've met some lame people, and I've had a few flake out on me. Like I said, be safe about it, and you'll keep it contained and under control if the person is flaky or sketchy.

This is all general advice, not adisc specific.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    You're correct. He didn't mention wanting to meet people from this site. Like Peachy said, that's why the thread remains open. I was also making a generalisation in the part of my post that you quoted, I only mentioned ADISC to make the point that meeting people from ADISC is in now way more advisable than meeting people from other websites.

The rest was ADISC-specific advice (that I generously provided free of charge!), since he posted here on ADISC. =)

To the Thread Starter:

I don't know how realistic it is that you will meet people. It depends on the circumstances, and I know very little of yours. Just be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by stardustangel42 View Post
    Wait! there's a forum for EC's? Maybe i'm just way behind on exploring the new stuff...
    Yes. Scroll down the main page to the section titled "Special Forums," or click this link . It will be right under the requests forum.

I don't think the chances are very high, but you never know what could happen. I found out my boyfriend was a TB after a few months of dating him and I've been one for years too, so anything is possible The more people you get to know, the more likely it is to happen.

Odds of randomly meeting another ABDL? Pretty darn low. Odds of people wanting to meet with you after you've established that you get along and have more in common than diapers? Pretty reasonable. You could go on a site (not this one, mind you) and look for people specifically to meet up near you and you'd probably get someone to want to meet with you and by luck of the draw it could be good, awkward, or horribly unpleasant.

My advice would be to be put meetings out of your mind for the near term and spend some time with the community in multiple areas of your interest without any preconceived expectations. When you find the right people, it's going to feel natural that you will want to talk more, just like in real life. There's no good shortcut to making friends and a meeting of friends is the best way by far to do this as far as I'm concerned.