Thread: Walgreens and Rite Aid

Default Walgreens and Rite Aid

So tomorrow I plan on going to either Walgreens and/or Rite Aid (seeing as they are literally across the street from each other). What I would like to know, is whether anyone one can think of any good diapers that they actually carry in their store? For instance, I love Walgreens Comfort Stretch Premium line of baby diapers, and have been meaning to try Rite Aid Tugaboo. I guess what I'm asking, does anyone have any brandy experience with anything at either store? And I'm not just looking for baby diapers, as I'm looking to actually try some adult sized diapers, and was wondering if anyone had recommendations. *and so the rambling continues* Also, any baby supplies anyone recommends I get? Like, pacifiers, baby powder, baby bottle et-cetera (and for those things I don't care about brand specific, I just want to know if anyone suggests I get them).
    I apologies for my rambling, but I'm not really sure of any other way to ask what I'm trying to find out.
    Thanks,
    Pat

Pat, I just picked up a pack of Certainty Maximum Absorbency Fitting Briefs. They were $11 for 20. This will be the first time I'm trying a store-bought brand versus a European/premium diaper. So far, all I can say is that they are cloth-backed, which, I wasn't EXACTLY going for - but I don't mind them much. I know that CVS has their own brand of overnight diapers with plastic backing. Good luck on your run - side note: my bag of 20 hardly fit in the basket, and I ended up having to carry them up the street in my arms (not that I cared). Be prepared for them to not fit in a shopping bag. In terms of powder, I love J&J Cornstarch baby powder! I would highly recommend it.

I'm not knowledgable about the diaper brands at those stores, so I won't even touch that.

As for the essentials, grab:

Wipes -- absolutely necessary!
    Powder -- absolutely necessary!
    Pacifier -- largest size they have in your preferred material. I prefer Nuk over any other brand. (The Nuk 1 and 2 comes in silicone, but not the Nuk 3. It comes in latex)

The above three are preferred, but if your budget is fairly high, I'd also recommend some sort of soft toy, whether it be blocks, caterpillar, something with dangly bits (No small parts... You don't want to choke ). The reason I say toy over the bottle, is because it's much easier to regress with. With a bottle, you have to play baby AND Daddy, so you tend to lose interest over the work of it.

Just a question: I notice you're 17. How are you planning on hiding this when you get home, or do your parents know?

Anyways, have fun, breathe calmly when shopping, and don't chicken out. It's much better to swallow any embarrassment you may have and get it all at once, rather than going back multiple times to try again. Keep in mind, at your (our) age, people will assume that you have kids at home. I get questions about my babies ALL the time Just don't say your baby is 17...
    Last edited by Adyson; 08-Dec-2010 at 02:37. Reason: I'm a grammar nazi.

I really think Rite Aid / Walgreens stuff is pretty sub-par in quality and usability. I am far too big to consider baby diapers for anything other than doublers; but these stores stock depend and then their own store brand of pullups and breifs. All of the above are pretty weak in my experience. For emergencies only - but of course there was a time in my life when these were all i could get - reality is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    I'm not knowledgable about the diaper brands at those stores, so I won't even touch that.

As for the essentials, grab:

Wipes -- absolutely necessary!
    Powder -- absolutely necessary!
    Pacifier -- largest size they have in your preferred material. I prefer Nuk over any other brand. (The Nuk 1 and 2 comes in silicone, but not the Nuk 3. It comes in latex)

The above three are preferred, but if your budget is fairly high, I'd also recommend some sort of soft toy, whether it be blocks, caterpillar, something with dangly bits (No small parts... You don't want to choke ). The reason I say toy over the bottle, is because it's much easier to regress with. With a bottle, you have to play baby AND Daddy, so you tend to lose interest over the work of it.

Just a question: I notice you're 17. How are you planning on hiding this when you get home, or do your parents know?

Anyways, have fun, breathe calmly when shopping, and don't chicken out. It's much better to swallow any embarrassment you may have and get it all at once, rather than going back multiple times to try again. Keep in mind, at your (our) age, people will assume that you have kids at home. I get questions about my babies ALL the time Just don't say your baby is 17...
    haha, I already have a ton of diapers, and I hide them in a locking filing cabinet in my closet turned office/workshop. I have wipes, and I have powder, but I'm running low on it. So I'll definitely get a pacifier. I'm not gonna bother buying any more diapers online until Bambinos (hopefully) starts making smalls again...

Walgreens brand is the same as CVS, and they're pretty bad from my experience. I don't know what other brands they carry besides Depends.

I need to know, what are they bad in comparison with? Because I usually use a goodnite, or a size 6/7 baby diaper, so if its better than either of those things it's good, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAss View Post
    Walgreens brand is the same as CVS, and they're pretty bad from my experience. I don't know what other brands they carry besides Depends.
    I've seen Attends at Walgreens, so I guess you can give them that much. They also sell the Tena super-stretch online, though I've not seen them in stores.