Thread: newbie here!

Default newbie here!

Hi ladies and gentlemen, baby boys and baby girls!

My name is Aaron, I live in yorkshire, england. I don't have much of an agenda here. Just looking to meet cool, fun people to chat with who actually understand me! The only request I have is that nobody makes me listen to any awful music. I'm passionate about music and will not listen to music that is made on a computer!
    The ab/dl side of me...well, i guess I'm a daddy.
    Does anyone have any questions?

Nice to meet you all!
    xxx
    Last edited by spddan; 05-Dec-2010 at 21:11. Reason: Not a dating site! Request removed.

crazykittensmile

Hi Daddy Aaron,

Welcome to adisc. Always nice to have another person from the UK join us here

Just as a quick warning asking to meet people is against the rules, due to the site catering for minors as well as adults, so you might want to remove the second part from your introduction

Anyway, you say you're passionate about music - what are your favourite bands? How many artists have you seen live, and who were the best?

Look forward to hearing more from you,
    Jess

Hi there, and welcome to ADISC.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyaaron View Post
    The only request I have is that nobody makes me listen to any awful music. I'm passionate about music and will not listen to music that is made on a computer!
    Well, what kind of music do you appreciate the most?
    For me, it's a wide variety that tends to appeal. I played trombone for 7 years, and would say that definitely constitutes as real music (although there is actually a community that would say that it's not really music unless it's a symphony orchestra, which is incredibly inaccurate and snobbish in my mind). I'm particularly a fan of music from the late '70s - '80s, specifically the post-punk, new wave scene (which I suppose means I'm guilty of listening to 'awful' music to your tastes, since the synthesizer is so often used ).

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    Just as a quick warning asking to meet people is against the rules, due to the site catering for minors as well as adults, so you might want to remove the second part from your introduction
    Taken care of. Comment deleted from OP.

Yes, we are not a dating site of any sort, really. We are a fun, loving support community that allows ages 13-up, so we like to keep things PG-13 and personal ad free for the most part.

Disclaimers aside, I hope you enjoy your time here.

thanks for the replies guys,
    Well my taste in music focuses around the punk and post punk, post hardcore styles. I love the pistols, ramones, clash, the who, the jam, who are both mod bands really. Later stuff, i like bad religion, i have seen live, nofx, green day, bowling for soup, sum41, bryan adams (guilty pleasure) river boat gamblers, black pacific, joan jett and the black hearts. I have seen so many bands its unreal! I think u have decent taste sppdan just as long as you take away the awful synth! I think the best live act is a toss up between green day, sum 41 and of course the wonderful, legendary bryan adams! I have seen him 9 times live!

Quote Originally Posted by daddyaaron View Post
    I love the pistols, ramones, clash, the who, the jam, who are both mod bands really.
    Pistols = score
    Ramones = awesome
    The Clash = Ohhh yes! Gotta have them.
    The Who = Of course, classic.
    The Jam = yeah, I like their stuff too, though I haven't heard nearly as much of them.
    Hmmm, how about Joy Division? Dead Kennedy's?

Later stuff, i like bad religion, i have seen live, nofx, green day, bowling for soup, sum41, bryan adams (guilty pleasure) river boat gamblers, black pacific, joan jett and the black hearts. I have seen so many bands its unreal!
    River Boat Gamblers, Black Pacific = Sorry, haven't even heard of them, lol.
    Bad Religion, NOFX, Sum41 = Can't say I know much by these bands, but they don't seem half bad.
    Green Day = I'm a much bigger fan of their older stuff than their newer albums, but definitely not a bad choice there.
    Bowling for Soup = I don't have much by them, but they're not bad. '1985' fits for my dad, though with him it's more like 1965!
    Joan Jett and the Black Hearts = Not bad, though I pretty much just stuck to the greatest hits on this one.

Bryan Adams = Hey, nothing wrong with that! I love Summer of '69 myself, though it's fairly overplayed, perhaps (seems to be the only one they ever play nowadays).

I think u have decent taste sppdan just as long as you take away the awful synth!
    *Turns down New Order and hides all his Depeche Mode and Tears For Fears albums*
    What synth?

Anyhow, feel free to post around and get to know people here.

ha ha thank you for hiding the synth! I'm not a big joy division fan but dead kennedys are pretty cool. I like how edgey they sound. Always will be up there with the classics!