Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABU cushies?

Default ABU cushies?

So im new to this sort of thing. sorry if I do it wrong but i just bought my first tb/ab outfit and cant really wear it until i have diapers. So i was wondering what everyone thought about ABU cushies. Are they any good? And also there seems to be some scandal about AB universe, and I was wondering why this is.

Five minutes of searching would have yielded the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by axbnn View Post
    So im new to this sort of thing. sorry if I do it wrong but i just bought my first tb/ab outfit and cant really wear it until i have diapers. So i was wondering what everyone thought about ABU cushies. Are they any good? And also there seems to be some scandal about AB universe, and I was wondering why this is.
    So...I can't help asking...what kind of outfit did you get? I've never tried ABU cushies (and never probably will), so I can't say how good they are.

Oh...and the scandal revolves around their behavior on this forum: Here's the latest thread on it: ABUniverse writes about ADISC. In specific, here's the response of Moo, the main admin here: Moo's Response.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 05-Dec-2010 at 03:38. Reason: quote errors

I am not a huge fan of the cushies. The tapes arent that great - they undo themselves under any sort of movement or activity. Attends 10 with waistband are my personal faves. Nice tapes and a _lot_ of crinkle! These can be bought through ABU as well.

They look cool, have bad tapes, horrible absorbancy and you most likely won't get them for 6 months or your order will be wrong.

~Carkid

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    They look cool, have bad tapes, horrible absorbancy and you most likely won't get them for 6 months or your order will be wrong.

~Carkid
    Well, I ordered some off of eBay, avoiding any possible delays from the main distributor; and likewise, can't comment on that; but...

The tapes held outright great. Better than Molicare, Abena, or Dry Care every have... In this, I have no complaint.

The capacity is better than a Depend or other typical mainstream US diaper, but not anywhere near as good as the above mentioned "big three". That said, I take one Abri-let booster pad and the diaper works for me for a good extended wear daytime or even nighttime diaper.

That said, YMMV, but I haven't had the bad experiences I've heard others speak of.

I ordered a 10 pack of Cushies from ABU a while back when they had free shipping. I had no problem with the company; the diapers were at my door within a week. The box was beat to death, but that was UPS, not ABU.

As for the diapers themselves, they could use some more absorbency. I am a small girl, with a small bladder and I can make them leak. If you get them buy a pack of baby diapers and use them as stuffers. These are the only diapers I have to put some sort of booster in.

I prefer the super dry kids from ABU versus the cushies. It may have been the lot I got, but the tapes on one side of the cushies did not seem to hold real well. The super dry tapes are very strong and I can get a tight fit that stays tight. I agree with Powderhair though that you are going to need a stuffer if you do not want to leak. I like the one tape design and the look of the diaper so although not my primary diaper, one I like to use now and then. I have never had any issues with customer service or delivery from ABU.

Countryboy95

Love them, but get smll!!! Lg will fit my 32 inch tv!!

Yes, there are a couple other threads on ABU, but whatever. I've bought from them a couple of times, and I've had no problems. It was just as smooth as buying from XP or Amazon or any other online retailer both times I did it.

As for the Cushies, they're super cute. They fit me surprisingly well with the one wide tape, but then, I also have big cyclist's legs, so that might help (usually it's the legs that make or break a diaper's fit for me). The tapes are the best tapes I've ran across, and if you make sure to stick them down good when you're putting on the diaper, those tapes will not come undone, to the point where it's actually really hard to take the diaper off when it's time to change. Speaking of changing times, those will be pretty frequent with the Cushies if you' don't use a stuffer with them. They're pretty thin and don't hold a lot when compared to the standard-bearers of Abena X-Plus, Secure X-Plus, Bambino, and Dry24/7. I'd say the Cushies are pretty comparable to a Tranquility ATN or American Tena in terms of capacity-they're not useless like Depends or Attends, but you will need to change after a couple of wettings.

Like I said in that other thread, I have no qualms about recommending ABU. I've had no issues with them, and once they got their shit together a couple of years ago, I've seen no complaints about them on other abdl sites, only this one. I honestly think there's just some bad blood and a bit of lingering "me too-ism" on these boards with regard to ABU.