Thread: Determined To Get Diapers

Default Determined To Get Diapers

Ok so I need to get real diapers, no more makeshift ones. I am going home for xmas break in a few days and wondering what the best way to do it would be.
    I was wondering whether I should:
    A) Buy diapers at a store.
    -What kind should I get.
    -would like them to be the most absorbant and thick but still be able to wear them without others noticing.

B) Order from online.
    -What website?
    -needs to ship extremely descreetly because my mom might get the box first and put it in my room.(tell her its christmas present stuff)
    -What type?
    -Want max absorb. and thickness, able to sleep and wet, but still able to wear without being too noticeable.

I am about a 30 inch waist.

I would suggest ordering online if you can since the stuff you can get online is much better than what you can find in stores. If you looking for thickness and absorbency, I'd recommend Abena X-Plus or Dry 24/7. You can get both from XP Medical and they apparently have discreet shipping.

If, however, you're stuck buying diapers from a store, I'd recommend getting Depends Fitted Maximum Protection. They're pretty good for a store brand diaper and you can find them in just about any pharmacy.

Also, you should post an introduction here so we can get to know you better.

If you need to keep the fact that you are buying diapers a secret from your parents then buying from a store is certainly the less risky of the two options, as you are able to stay far more in control. Once you have ordered diapers online then they will turn up when they turn up, and there is little you can do to stop them, even if something happens which makes having a box of diapers arrive a really bad idea. If you are buying from a shop and something happens to make you think it's not such a good idea, then you can just change your plan and try again another day.

That said, you will be able to get better diapers online then you will be able to in most stores. Do bear in mind though that the thickest and most absorbent diapers are usually the bulkiest and often noisiest diapers as well, and will not always be great for wearing discreetly under clothing. Although saying that, with the right clothing any diaper can be well concealed.

I'm from the UK and so can't really offer you much more advice on diapers available in the US. But there are some articles in the wiki which may help you out, I suggest giving them a read through:

Getting diapers - ADISC Wiki - A general guide to getting diapers, from a store or online.
    Ordering online - ADISC Wiki - A more indepth guide to ordering diapers online
    Hiding diapers - ADISC Wiki - Information on hiding diapers
    Categoryiaper reviews - ADISC Wiki - Some diaper reviews which may help you decide on a brand

There are also a number of diaper reviews in the articles section:

alright thanks a lot, i think im going to order online. I want to order from xp medical but the shipping will take 5 days, so i might order from northshorecare which would only take 3 days. does anyone know if northshorecare has descreet shipping as good as xp medical. and any other advise is apprieciated.

A saying i have kept with me from a very young age "The only dumb question, is a question not asked"
    Send them and email, with an alias if you are worried about your identity.

Ask them all the questions that you are concerned about, that way you are not concerned and are looking foward to there arrival not worried allday every day. They will do everything to make you comfortable and answer any questions you have, putting it frank they want your money!

Hugs and Kisses,

i went somewhere called shipping takes 1-2 days depending on when you get them. they don't ship on the weekends though so I wouldn't do that. shippings free. i found the site through google. they have some good diapers and tell you what the absorbency and thickness is. hope that helps. also shipping is DISCREET.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBoyLoki View Post
    "The only dumb question, is a question not asked"
    See, now, I was brought up under a much tougher concept - "there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people that ask questions"

(I kid, I kid...)

Call XP Medical directly. Tell Gary your requirements. He'll do everything possible to accomodate you. That's simply who he is, that's what he does.