Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skiing!

Default Skiing!

It's that time of the year again! anyone going skiing anywhere cool?

It is funny to see this thread right now. I actually had a dream last night about cross country skiing, though I have only been skiing twice in my life. We recently moved back to the U.S. from Norway, and couldn't pass up the chance to do some skiing there. Now that I am in Houston, I doubt there will be any skiing in the near future (or snow, for that matter!)

I skied from the time I was 2, but haven't been in years. I look every year about outfitting me and my girlfriend, but it's never in the cards. Even if we have the money for equipment, we lack the funds for the travel to and lodging at anywhere there are good mountains. Not much in day trip range from Central Jersey.

I'll be heading to Aspen and Sunlight right after Christmas. I hear the snow is already very good this year...

I'm going to the Vail area in February to ski with an old friend who now lives in Avon.

Oh of course I have to add something to this one. Yeah, I will be doing hopefully a lot of skiing this year, I got a pass to Sugarbush and a "Mad Card" to Mad River Glen (both in Vermont). I might try to do a trip out west this year but it would probably be a last minute type thing depending on lodging. I'm planning on getting in my first day next weekend, most likely at Sugarbush although if they only have a couple of trails open then I might hold off a week.

I wish Every year we head up to Niseko in Japan (without a doubt the greatest mountain the world. Sorry, but it's true.) but this year we're taking a little European vacation instead. Of course I'm absolutely fine about this, but still, gonna miss hitting the slopes.

Skiing BOO it is all about snowboard!
    send me some snow someone ???
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-Dec-2010 at 06:52. Reason: Removing auto-merged double post.