Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone as excited

Manaray

Default Is anyone as excited

as I am on the upcoming dump of over a million cables on wikileaks? dont lie....

No. No one is. You've won!

What subject are these ones on? I've been listening to news highlights about it, and it's quite interesting though unsurprising.

Yeah... no.

If idiots like Assange think they're doing the world a favour by doing this, I'd really disagree.
    Even given my paranoid anti-government stances on things. I'm also pragmatic.

Can't say i'm 'excited' for it. He's just another ass who just because his life sucked he decided to lash out on his country. Look peoples lives suck are prone to act out just plan and simple but there have been great men and woman who have had shitty lives and have gone on to be buried in the history book. Alexander Hamilton being one. That's right kiddies i'm going to open up the history book and give y'all a little lesson :P. Hamilton born on a British colony known as Nevis. click for pictures. He was known as a bastard son because his father walked on on him at the age of ten leaving him with just his mother to take care of him. When she died, he was left alone. His father took all of her positions besides her books and he lived with his uncle. He worked his ass off studying and learning to become a great man. Once he started writing for his islands paper the great minds of that community decided to send him over to the present columbia college. There he continued to study and learn about politics. He then joined the rebellion as he believed in it's idea from being in the America for such little time. Once fighting broke out in the summer of 1776 he joined the military. His squad is today the oldest military artillery squadron to be kept. It's name escapees me, sorry . Any who he caught General George Washington's eye and was quickly aloud into his 'family' or close group of military friends/leaders. He then went into politics after the war and became president. History time is over. Needless to say i wish the government gives this guy no mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by xxThatGuyxx View Post
    His squad is today the oldest military artillery squadron to be kept. It's name escapees me, sorry .
    I can't speak offhand to the veracity of your other claims. But you are wrong. The entire Continental Army was disbanded after the Revolutionary War, and the US Army wasn't technically formed until after the Constitution was ratified in 1787. Furthermore, the only units retained by Congress was a unit on the Western Frontier and a battery of artillery at West Point, neither the New York militia artillery battery he first joined nor the New York militia infantry battalion he commanded at Yorktown.

who he caught General George Washington's eye and was quickly aloud into his 'family' or close group of military friends/leaders. He then went into politics after the war and became president. History time is over. Needless to say i wish the government gives this guy no mercy.
    Holy shit.

Manaray

I don't think he is a idiot.
    I think he is actually pretty brave. Maybe stupid, but brave.
    Also I don't know how your "history lesson" has anything to do with anything.
    I am not sure if he is trying to do the world a favor. I do not see it like that.
    I honestly just believe the government is way to shady for its own good.
    Wikileaks stated on twitter, I believe it was, or maybe it was the actual site, that the new dump is going to be seven times bigger than there last one and the information they have will essentially change the world. Cant find the direct quote. It was something along those lines though.

Really hope their is some big stuff in there. Maybe then us Americans will stand up.

I really do not see how Wikileaks has made life better for anybody. I honestly don't. I can't see how it possibly can.

Yeah, the government is shady. Most Americans already agree on that. Posting government secrets is not going get them to stand up - it will only increase the feeling of hopelessness that exists in this country.

The message should not be, "You're being fucked with no Vaseline," without a message saying how to do something positive about it. If more people knew how to get involved in the political arena in a positive way, that is what this country would need to heal from the wounds that both the far-right and the far-left have inflicted upon it. Activity is what is needed, not tattling.

I have a friend who hates Wikileaks to death, and greatly believes it shouldn't exist. Ever.
    And, now that I think about it, I agree.
    Wikileaks leaks government secrets, which, believe it or not, there is a reason they are secrets.

Spreading government secrets is not going to make the people stand up and revolt, to think anything of the like is unusually silly.
    Like what was said above, a site shouldn't simply spread around the bad of the world, and government faults without releasing some positive information.

The world is a shitty place already. Making the place we live in look even shittier is not going to help anyone. It's going to hurt them.
    Can you live in a place where you believe the government is 100% evil and corrupt? Albeit, the government does have its moments in which no one could possibly have faith in it ever again, but naturally, it fixes itself (whether or not the fault was fixed)

To spread around the bad as a main cause is like saying 'Japan bombed us during World War II, and killed many of our people. They are savage people who would do anything for their silly 'honor,' even if it means taking the life of the people who aren't even involved in their conflicts.'

Which, of course, is not true. It may seem like it, when you only look at the bad side of things. Now what if I said..

"The Japanese people have their rich history of emperors, a unique culture, and beautiful landscapes. Their history goes way back to the [...], and their culture involves many fascinating [...], the landscape has amazing mountains, and hills, and even a city that is overlooked by a volcano!"

Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by KuroMiles View Post
    I have a friend who hates Wikileaks to death, and greatly believes it shouldn't exist. Ever.
    And, now that I think about it, I agree.
    Wikileaks leaks government secrets, which, believe it or not, there is a reason they are secrets.
    Hey, but they have nothing to fear ... if they have nothing to hide.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by KuroMiles View Post
    a site shouldn't simply spread around the bad of the world, and government faults without releasing some positive information.
    I would argue that they are counter-acting the information spread by governments. Governments will spread around the good things they have done, whilst keeping the negative hidden and under-wraps in classified documents. Wikileaks merely brings to light the information the government tries to keep hidden. If it is all bad, then we have to ask why the government is hiding so many negative actions from us, whilst releasing any positive information.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Hey, but they have nothing to fear ... if they have nothing to hide.
    I agree wuth h3g3l. The secrets uncovered by wikileaks will only be a problem if the governments' actions have not been just. If they have not been just, then it is right that the public come to know about these things.

If governments, politicians, countries etc begin to realise that actually, sooner or later, all of their actions will be revealed to the public it may cause them to question whether their actions are really the right thing to do. If these things are kept as secrets they will never change - many of the things wikileaks has uncovered, in a number of different countries, are absolutely horrendous, inhumane and violate people's human rights. It is there things which need to be brought to the public's attention if they are ever going to change, or governments will just believe they can keep carrying them out with no consequences.

I for one, am excited by the impending wikileaks. I don't agree with government censorships. Individuals are accountable for their actions, and I see no reason why governments shouldn't be either. Where governments have acted in a justified and well-informed way then they needn't worry about the leaks. And if their actions are not justifiable, then it is right that we know this so that we may begin to ask why.