Thread: My first diapers

Manaray

Default My first diapers

Well I got my first couple diapers in today. I was so excited. I went to put one on and uhhh....
    Messed it up completely. I finally got it on, but it looks horrible. Any advice, tips, tricks? I am sure it will hold the way I have it on now but I am not sure. Also, I tried putting it on while on my bed. So have yet to try any other method.

I haven't gone thru too many myself, but you can try while sitting on a chair, or even laying on the floor.
    The bed can make it really hard, at least for me.

different diapers go on different ways. it just takes practice to get it right.

it's sometimes a good idea to "fluff up" the padding by pinching around the diaper, but that only makes it more absorbant. if you truly can't get it on correctly, try a different kind of diaper. all kinds have a different innate shaping to them, so they will all fit a bit differently.

try to lay them out with the goal of pretaping so you can put them on as shorts... but instead of using the built in tapes that usually stick permanently and make refastening a complete lie (or don't fasten beyond the merest hint of a tug) use masking tape for tapes... then retape in front of a mirror... then wear them around doing typical things like walking and climbing stairs... Until you get to know EXACTLY where the best place to tape is for your needs... then mark that spot on unworn ones until you have manstered pre-taping to get the best results and can reproduce them reliably.

good luck and tell us how it works out!

karatekid

when i do it i lay the diaper on the floor and line myself upthen sit and tape myself up

I usually just do the basic lay over it and size it up thing. If it has 2 tapes, do the bottom ones first, then the tops, seems to work for me. Honestly, it's hard to really say considering all diapers have different ways of being put on, due to factors such as the tapes, fluff, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    I usually just do the basic lay over it and size it up thing. If it has 2 tapes, do the bottom ones first, then the tops, seems to work for me. Honestly, it's hard to really say considering all diapers have different ways of being put on, due to factors such as the tapes, fluff, etc.
    Yeah, usually bottom-to-top works ideally, because they don't leave you near as much room for your legs as they do for your waist. You can definitely get the top tapes tighter than the bottom (at least in my experience).

Oh - and if you're planning for extended wear, definitely use powder. It gets steamy in there, and I've broken a sweat in the back that made me think I flooded the thing when I hardly wet it at all...

Put it on against a wall. Meaning put the back part against the wall and put your body against it so it doesn't fall to the floor. Then just pull the front part over and tape it. Voila.

turn on your diaper and enyo the feeling. remember those moments. good !!!!