Thread: My Intro

Smile My Intro

1) Hello! Who are you?
    Hi! I go by tykeroby here, which is just a scrunched up version of my name, but I like how it makes the word tyke at the beginning. I work in the entertainment industry, making people smile mostly. I don't really have any career goals, as I'm disabled and won't really be going anywhere - career wise, but I like what I do.

2) What brings you here?
    I'm medically incontinent now, but I've had an interest in diapers/wetting/soiling since as young as I can remember. I started wetting on purpose around age 11, mostly at night. My mom didn't freak out too much, and eventually offered me some "diapers" made from towels that were so uncomfortable I never used them much. I remember being about age 12 or so and thinking to myself how great it was going to be to move out when I was 18 and wear diapers again. That's pretty much what I did, tho I was more like 23 when I finally got out on my own completely. I'm not really AB, but I do like the idea of someone being in charge of me: dressing, checking, changing, making all the decisions for me like I was age 3 or 4 and still in diapers.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

Being disabled somewhat limits my other interests. I do like my work, which is only one or two nights per week. I also spend a lot of time online talking to people from all around the world, mostly in a place called Second Life, where I can actually be a kid again - even one in diapers, but even in Second Life, there's tons of other stuff to do. I have a family there and we go on outings and do all the sorts or things families do in the real world, but without the limitations of disability.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

Until I began searching on the internet, I had no idea there were others like me, with the same interests in diapers. I found that by reaching out to others with those interests, I'm understanding more about myself. I don't really consider my interests "normal", but I also realize there isn't anything can be done about it, so I may as well live with it and enjoy it. It took a long time to accept that. I expect I will end up talking to people mostly. There may be more things about myself I can learn here.

Welcome tyke. That avatar looks like it's from one of The Sims games, but I could be mistaken. What other sites do you frequently visit?

The avatar is one of my own making from Second Life. He is a four year old boy and part of a family. He has also resisted potty training, but his family is very patient and understanding. The only other ABDL site I use regularly is ABUniverse where I get most of my diapers. I go thru about 100 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tykeroby View Post
    The avatar is one of my own making from Second Life. He is a four year old boy and part of a family. He has also resisted potty training, but his family is very patient and understanding. The only other ABDL site I use regularly is ABUniverse where I get most of my diapers. I go thru about 100 a month.
    It's still cute nonetheless. So are the other family members interested in ABDL stuff? Does SL actually show those bodily functions?

You said you work in entertainment, have you worked on anything we'd be familiar with?

Welcome to ADISC Tyke!
    Yeah, prior to the internet and probably ADISC itself I'd still be thinking I was pretty much a sick, underdeveloped freak. I'm glad there's good communities here, and glad you found it too!
    Look forward to seeing you around!

Quote Originally Posted by CaretakerSam View Post
    It's still cute nonetheless. So are the other family members interested in ABDL stuff? Does SL actually show those bodily functions?

You said you work in entertainment, have you worked on anything we'd be familiar with?
    You can probably create plugins in Second Life to show bodily functions. That's really all Second Life is, is collections of stuff people add to the game. Most of it is glittery IMVU-esque garbage, sadly. I've seen cool stuff there, but it wasn't enough to draw me in for long periods.

There's one particular area created with AB/DL's in mind. It's pretty cool, but no one really seems to go there with RP in mind.

None of my current SL family members are ABDL, but I've had some brothers in the past who were. There are at least 1000 residents in Second Life who choose to be children, for many different reasons. Not all are ABDL, but I know many who are. "Diapers" in SL are scripted objects which can announce an action in private or open chat, such as, "Jimmy wets his diaper". The "diaper" can then be checked and changed by a caregiver. Diapers can leak and soiled diapers give off a green aura. Here in central Florida, many people work in entertainment. If you did a lot of visiting down here, you'd be sure to come across me eventually. LOL