Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geniunely Pissed Off

Angry Geniunely Pissed Off

Ok,

A friend of mine admitted to me that she has had a crush on me since grade four, and i have i a crush on her

So anyway, for valentines day i was gonna get her class ring for her, i had a credit with the company that makes them, so i said i would get it for her

i just found out that the company won't honor the credit if i dont use the credit card i ordered mine with, which was going to cover the entire ring...

i told her about the situation, and shes really upset, shes been told on three seperate occasions by family members that she was gonna get it

so now i feel like i really,really fucked up, i've already made one promise i couldnt keep

if anyone wonders what it was gonna look like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Your Ring.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	3162

nothing more than a pointless rant but im really upset

I don't understand the problem.

Are you saying you no longer have that specific credit card? If so I would think this problem could be worked out with their billing department if you are really, really persistant. You might have to call the issuing bank of the old card too.

I had a strange situation once where I used a card to make a purchase, and then a month later when it was expired, they refunded me for the purchase (without even telling me they were doing that, I had to hound them on the phone). But since I couldn't access the old card anymore, I couldn't get access to the money. I contacted the card issuer by going online and using the login info for the old card to get their phone number and then I got them to issue me a temp card with that was somehow linked to the old one. It was a bit of a pain, but I then used up the amount on that card and called the bank back to cancel it... Hassles like this is one of the reasons I live on cash now. If someone cannot accept cash or a money order, I pretty much just will find someone else who is sane and will accept actual payment.

I wish I could say something more but I am a tad confused.

*hugs* all the same. whatever it is has to suck for you to post about it.

Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon92 View Post
    yea i know longer have the card
    If that ring company knows you used a card before, they also have the 800 or 888 number for the card on file. Talk to them again and get it, then talk to the card company ^_^ I am not saying it won't take up 2 hours of your life...but you should get satisfaction eventually...even if you have to pay some lame 5 dollar fee or something to be sent a temp card.

Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon92 View Post
    i just hate seeing my gf dissapointed
    You never said she was your GF now. Congrats. But yeah, hopefully you can get it all worked out.

Hate to be a downer but she sounds lame, its the thought that counts and if she cant respect that then shes not a good person and you should reflect on what values you want in your partner and if she is truely right for you.

Man, im not sure if purchasing a class ring for your girlfriend is such a good idea... I personally wouldn't decide to buy such a pricey ring for a girlfriend unless we've been dating for quite some time. Its a jostens ring. I had the opportunity to buy a jostens class ring this year too.

Get her a boquet of flowers and call it good. Try not to let the -2 rep steer you away from my advice :X

Quote Originally Posted by Wambles View Post
    Man, im not sure if purchasing a class ring for your girlfriend is such a good idea... I personally wouldn't decide to buy such a pricey ring for a girlfriend unless we've been dating for quite some time. Its a jostens ring. I had the opportunity to buy a jostens class ring this year too.

Get her a boquet of flowers and call it good. Try not to let the -2 rep steer you away from my advice :X
    im planning on getting her something a lil more in my price range and a lil more meaningful (i'd have to drain my savings if they dont honor the credit i have)

i say skip the buying her stuff... draw her a card(even if its goofy and kiddy), plan a cute date like... a snowy picnic or something christmasy etc and enjoy.... your 17... you shouldnt have to be buying jack anything sides flowers, foods, and date related stuff... buying high dollar is for like... multiyear long relationships or hookers. :P