Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paypal blows

Default paypal blows

I've come THIS CLOSE to buying some awesome vintage diapers on eBay, only to have PayPal repeatedly deny my password. I realize my old email I used to set up an account with them has since been deleted, and I set up a new account with a new email address. They still won't accept my password. WTF I HATE PAYPAL. Can't we just use good ol credit cards for buying things?

It's hardly PayPals fault that you don't remember your password. I rather like not exposing my despite card info to less reputable sites on the internet.

Your fault entirely, not paypal im afraid. I suggest calling them up via phone number and working things out... or make a new paypal account. Always update your information... your able to change your e mail address etc anytime which would of prevented your currant situation.

I'm agreeing with everyone. I love PayPal, as well as Google Checkout. As dcviper said, sometimes it's really best to not give out your credit card information. If you let PayPal worry about all that, there's nothing to fret. Any problems and you can just file a dispute.

Paypal is awesome!

Well maybe not because then it is easier for me to blow my money ha.

Paypal kinda ripped me off by $5 dollars about 6 months ago, but it's still a useful service. I sold something on eBay, then the buyer did a chargeback thing a few weeks later. I didn't see the "dispute" e-mail until they unfairly gave him a refund. It had been a few weeks since the sale, so I didn't think anything like that could happen. I was suspicious of the buyer from the start, since he was a new member, but I didn't know if there was a way to deny him & relist the item. I just have to be careful who I sell to on eBay from now on... not that I actually plan to sell anything on there again.

It's not really their fault if you lose your password, though I am sure that's very frustrating. Good luck.

ive never had any issues with paypal. I do a fair amount of online purchases, and quite often paypal is there as my only option in some cases. its been quite helpful to me.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    Your fault entirely, not paypal im afraid. I suggest calling them up via phone number and working things out... or make a new paypal account. Always update your information... your able to change your e mail address etc anytime which would of prevented your currant situation.

I hate PayPal.

Twice i had money taken back because the buyer claimed to never have received the idem i sent. (once over $300)
    In both cases i HAD the signed delivery receipt from the shipping company.

But PayPal did not care.

Once i got the signed delivery receipt it no longer was my problem it was between the shipping company and the buyer as the product was signed for by someone. And there is no way to take PayPal/Ebay to small claims court. And i would have won any small claims court case.

A friend had the same problem but in his case the buyer had the nerve to resell the idem 2 months later after claiming he never received it.

There are a lot of crooks that use EBay/PayPal as a way to rip sellers off.

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    It's hardly PayPals fault that you don't remember your password. I rather like not exposing my despite card info to less reputable sites on the internet.
    I didn't say I forgot my password

I love Paypal..it makes my online shopping so much easier, not to mention safer...however, as with any transaction site, it's subject to glitching or going down...or maybe you were using the wrong password...maybe you were trying to give it your email password or something? then there's the typo issue, since your password comes up as ****** when you type it...
    Also...yes, you CAN usually use credit cards without Paypal...but I strongly advise you not to. There have been too many frauds for it to be thought of as a remotely good idea.