Thread: Fun way to give back

Default Fun way to give back

Tis the season for giving and a fun way for DLs to give to the community is to donate diapers to the local child crisis center. Most have wish lists or needed items on their websites and most desperately need diapers and Pull Ups. I bought a 50 count box of boys Underjams at Walmart.com for $22.00 and dropped them off. They are very grateful and it was fun (I like buying diapers).

So if you see a good deal on diapers, pacifiers, wipes etc consider making a donation.

Thanks for posting this GNL. This looks like a great suggestion and a good way to give back, on top of giving us another excuse to be in the baby/diaper isle.

My church often collects diapers among other items for needy families. It's kind of weird for me to walk through the narthex and see all these baby diapers. I always sort of gasp!

Yes, you have come up with a great way to give. Many people don't think about others really needing diapers and supplies, just food and some basic house hold items. Think I will make up a special diaper bag with Diaper Rash Cream, Powder, Wipes, and diapers in it as a package deal and give it to one of the groups around my area that is gathering needed items.

Quote Originally Posted by checkingoutall View Post
    Yes, you have come up with a great way to give. Many people don't think about others really needing diapers and supplies, just food and some basic house hold items. Think I will make up a special diaper bag with Diaper Rash Cream, Powder, Wipes, and diapers in it as a package deal and give it to one of the groups around my area that is gathering needed items.
    making a diaper bag isn't a great idea if your going to give it to a group, such groups give out the donations to many many family's. A single all the works diaper bag will only go to one family, plus the power, diaper rash cream, etc aren't all that expensive. It's the diapers themselves that cost the most hench why some families have to use bad off brand diapers that leak or can't even afford proper ones for their babies and/or kids.

So just giving them a whole bag of pretty much any size would be fine. Personally I think size 4 and 5 are good donation sizes.