Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper changing tables for adults?

Default Diaper changing tables for adults?

are there diaper changing tables for home use simuilar to baby changing tables?

Yes.
    Last edited by CarKid; 26-Nov-2010 at 20:50. Reason: Yup.

Yep, i actually have one currantly thats wall mounted. Due to my physical handicaps and that im getting older (the spry age of 16 lol) im abit big for my mom to really assist properly and its something that suits my needs better(Also, if anyone has had experience being changed on a bed... its unstable and you sink into it making a big mess... so no matter what your mostlikely ruining the disposable changing pad under you every time in the process. The trick is generally ones that you can get are made for handicapped kids/adults who require assistance and therefore there not really AB/DL looking

Over the two years i have had mine it slowly transitioned into more and more looking like my room... it got painted pink, its got a warm friendly feel to it with a cozy white blanket that is kind of its cover and then a disposable changing mat under that incase of getting things messy which can be fairly frequint even if ur just laying stilll.. things have a tendancy to bump or drip or what evers outside of the accidental accidents midchange that happen on the ocasional basis.

Anyways i dont know where my mom got mine off hand but heres a few websites

Max-Ability - ADA adult child changing / dressing table / shower gurney <- for special needs equipment.

or

http://www.babyapparels.com/baby_furniture.htm <- apparently these guys did the CSI AB/DL episode @_@ omg lol

I personally don't see the charm. Well, I do, but I prefer my nice soft bed and saving money.

Default Has anyone seen one of these

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brocar 100.jpg 
Views:	4498 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	3136
    These Brocar 100-SSE adult changing tables have been available on the web for years. Has anyone ever seen one installed anywhere? I'd hop right on.

That looks really, industrial.
    Theres all sorts of similar things about like that.

I'm sure you could find suitable "sort of" tables from bdsm furniture shops and theres got to be a least a handful of ab carpenters out there who make em.

I wouldn't mind trying to make some sort of changing mat but I don't really see the charm in a changing table as such. I think cause I don't really think I've ever been around or used one etc.

Loopygone

I'm with fluff. In the UK changing tables never seem to get used really. I guess most think its silly to have a changing table that's only going to be used for at most 3 years. And take up a lot of room. Changing mats are far more appealing to me.

You can buy ab changing mats from a couple of stores, making one might be fun as well .

crazykittensmile

I've never seen a changing table in a home in the UK, and even at the nursery I work at they just have a changing mat on a kind of worktop, not a proper changing table. All the parents I know just use a changing mat on the floor, which I think makes much sense. As Loopy said, the changing table will only be used for the first couple of years, and they're expensive and take up a lot of room in the bedroom. A changing mat is cheap, transportable and easily stored.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I've never seen a changing table in a home in the UK, and even at the nursery I work at they just have a changing mat on a kind of worktop, not a proper changing table. All the parents I know just use a changing mat on the floor, which I think makes much sense. As Loopy said, the changing table will only be used for the first couple of years, and they're expensive and take up a lot of room in the bedroom. A changing mat is cheap, transportable and easily stored.
    Yeah, this is the commonplace thing for kids and such, my point of view and the reasoning behind my changing table is primarily corrolational to lack of mobility/flexibility/stamina. Getting on and off the floor flat is its own challenges entirely, so for someone like me its very applicable.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    Yeah, this is the commonplace thing for kids and such, my point of view and the reasoning behind my changing table is primarily corrolational to lack of mobility/flexibility/stamina. Getting on and off the floor flat is its own challenges entirely, so for someone like me its very applicable.
    Yes, I have actually seen changing tables used in the houses of children with disabilities, and they use them in schools for children with special needs. But the ones we have here don't look like baby changing tables, they are more like wipe-clean beds, with adjustable height and which can be made to sit up etc as well.