Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astronaut

Default Astronaut

I know its a longshot, but is anyone here an astronaut or anything. If not, which is likely, has anyone acquired... well lets call them space diapers? i wonder waht they would be like?

I have seen pics of MAGs and they are pretty strange diapers. Think really thick boxer shorts. They need to be pull ons because doing up tapes in space would be too hard.

Butterfly Mage

The MAGs are definitely not ABDL items. They're designed for 100% functional reasons. If an astronaut has to take 2-3 hours to suit up, another hour to get out of the airlock, 4-5 hours for the EVA, another hour to get back in the ship, and another 2-3 hours to get out of the space suit, the diaper used is going to have to be extremely absorbent as well as very easy on one's skin. They don't, however, have to really look much like diapers.

From the shows ive seen the space diapers are not that good. The person on the show said that diapers in space dont drip, so i guess that means they dont leak very easy.

upon further research i found that about 3700 were ordered by NASA a long time ago, that that supply still exists today. I guess they're sparingly used for missions only. Kinda thought they'd be available you know? How like they sell real space ice cream sandwiches at like the smithsonian and stuff.

As the person currently writing one of the few scfi diaper stories, it just interested me. Then again i don't get into any brand names or anything.

i saw a picture of one and they look seriously like a abena pullup im pretty sure lol...

Quote Originally Posted by turtleie View Post
    If only they made GN boxers like that....
    I actually thought that's how they were made when I first heard about them, I wish they made them like that too. They'd be so much more effective, you never have to worry about leaking.

Actually those pictures are of the Disposable Absorption Containment Trunk (DACT) which was replaced by the Maximum Absorbency Garment (MAG) which is more diaper like. Male astronauts prefer them because they are more comfortable and do not leak.

My wife teaches in a space museum and they have one because the kids always ask. Nothing tremendously interesting..