Thread: Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Hallo, Konichiwa!

Default Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Hallo, Konichiwa!

Hi all,

So just a little introduction about me as I am a newbie here... So to make short, I am a "nature focused" guy combined a little bit with a geek. So it means I love to spend time outdoors walking in nature, birdwatching and diving but on the other hand I am addict to my computer and have big troubles turning it off. On a professional side, I am lucky enough to do the job I wanted to do, which is marine biologist, it has lots of inconvenients, but it also provide lots of unique opportunities (such as diving in a submarine or going to Antarctica).

What brings me here? Well first I am urinary incontinent which means I have to wear protections most of the time if I don't want to have to control every sip I drink. The other reason which I believe evolved as a consequence to my incontinence is that I am also DL. Indeed, my parents being convinced that it was all in the head forbid me to wear diapers until quite late, and therefore early enough diapers became the dream object that would allow me to have comfortable nights and avoid embarrassment.

I am trying to follow the introduction guidelines but I feel that I already mentioned my interests above, but well as I have so many I will add some more here. So beside all what is related to the sea (diving, windsurfing, surfing etc...), I also like to travel a lot. I spent 2 years in Japan and now I just love Japan and I hope to find a job there as soon as possible. If anybody speaks and write japanese please contact me as I need to learn! Else please don't suggest online games as I am too weak to resist and I will spend far too much time playing instead of working.

So finally what am I looking for here? Well that is a good question! I guess I like to read stories and experiences from other people in same/similar situation. I also like to discuss with people and finally I think I might bring some advices and some exemples that eventhough incontinent you can achieve your dreams, it is all just a question of management (but sometimes it makes things even more exciting).

So feel free to contact me as for each part there would be much more to say, and if I don't answer it might be because I am overbusy in my research or that I am travelling so let me some time to answer. Also sometimes I want to answer but then it slips out of my mind before I do it, so don't hesitate to send me reminders...

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoanthus View Post
    Hi all,

So just a little introduction about me as I am a newbie here... So to make short, I am a "nature focused" guy combined a little bit with a geek. So it means I love to spend time outdoors walking in nature, birdwatching and diving but on the other hand I am addict to my computer and have big troubles turning it off. On a professional side, I am lucky enough to do the job I wanted to do, which is marine biologist, it has lots of inconvenients, but it also provide lots of unique opportunities (such as diving in a submarine or going to Antarctica).

What brings me here? Well first I am urinary incontinent which means I have to wear protections most of the time if I don't want to have to control every sip I drink. The other reason which I believe evolved as a consequence to my incontinence is that I am also DL. Indeed, my parents being convinced that it was all in the head forbid me to wear diapers until quite late, and therefore early enough diapers became the dream object that would allow me to have comfortable nights and avoid embarrassment.

I am trying to follow the introduction guidelines but I feel that I already mentioned my interests above, but well as I have so many I will add some more here. So beside all what is related to the sea (diving, windsurfing, surfing etc...), I also like to travel a lot. I spent 2 years in Japan and now I just love Japan and I hope to find a job there as soon as possible. If anybody speaks and write japanese please contact me as I need to learn! Else please don't suggest online games as I am too weak to resist and I will spend far too much time playing instead of working.

So finally what am I looking for here? Well that is a good question! I guess I like to read stories and experiences from other people in same/similar situation. I also like to discuss with people and finally I think I might bring some advices and some exemples that eventhough incontinent you can achieve your dreams, it is all just a question of management (but sometimes it makes things even more exciting).

So feel free to contact me as for each part there would be much more to say, and if I don't answer it might be because I am overbusy in my research or that I am travelling so let me some time to answer. Also sometimes I want to answer but then it slips out of my mind before I do it, so don't hesitate to send me reminders...

Cheers!
    Wow! What a great introduction, Zoanthus. You've done so much in your life. I'm glad you were able to introduce yourself with so much honesty. There's only one thing left to say: Welcome to ADISC. We look forward to hearing more from you!

crazykittensmile

Hi Zoanthus.

Welcome to Adisc! Nice to have another person from the UK join us, and from Wales as well! Definitely the nicest part, wyt ti'n siarad Cymraeg? Ac ble yn Cymru wyt ti'n byw? Ar y mor?

Okay, as you can see my Welsh isn't great so I will revert back to English! But anyway, a marine biologist! That sounds lots of fun. I too love walking in nature, and I like birdwatching but alas, i cannot really identify them. I have several friends who all work in conservation back in Wales and they are always trying to teach me about the skies and the seas, but i think i get too distracted by the cuteness of the birds/animals to actually concentrate enough to identify them. But anyway, Wales sure is a beautiful place for nature and walking. At the moment I am living in England for uni, but I grew up in Wales, my parents live there and I return in uni-holidays. Where abouts in Wales are you living? I grew up on the South-West coast. Near the puffins and the seals (if you took a little boat anyway).

I too love travelling, and I would really like to go to Japan someday (although I am not really 'into' the culture as many people are, I just think ti sounds like an interesting place). So far I have only been to India and other places in Europe, but I hope once I finish uni I will have more opportunities to travel to other places.

Anyway, great to meet you and look forward to seeing you around the forums,
    Jess

Hi Jess,

I am really happy that you reverted to English as actually I don't understand a word of Welsh unfortunately. I arrived only recently in Wales, and as I am struggling with Japanese, I guess that Welsh will have to wait a bit. About travelling to Japan, this country was probably the last on my "wish list of countries to visit" but then I got the opportunity to go there and I discovered an amazing country. About occidental people being "into Japanese culture", hmmmm what to say... The manga/sushis is clearly a part of japanese culture, but it is only a part and most japanese people don't eat sushi so often and are not "manga addicts". So basically what is cool about Japan (I think) is that you find all kind of stuffs and cultures. If you are into surfing, wildlife, nightlife, shopping etc... You will find something fitting to your interests. Also although it is ambiguous as there are quite some rules, there is a huge tolerance. Nobody will be surprised to see a punk sitting in the train beside a businessman and "doll dressed" girl.

Finally, I don't know UK uni system, but I would say that uni holidays are the best to travel.

Cheers!

Zoanthus,
    I really enjoyed reading your intro. I have some ancestry tied to Wales, some basic research shows thats where my family name and crest originated. Its definitely a place i want to visit someday. Your intro was thoughtful and I'm interested in seeing your other contributions to the forum!
    Mike