Thread: Back on the net ^_^

Default Back on the net ^_^

After a super annoying week of being sick (still), my desktop's OS HD suffering a fatal hardware failure, a weekend of promised snow that was only rain, and oh whatever else was lousy.

It always amaises me that my old 9-10 year old laptop I got used of ebay still works fine, but modern computer parts seem to be made by poorly paid, drunken monkeys. I swear that "quality control" must be a phrase that doesn't have a direct translation in many languages. I bet it comes across more like "Control the quality to ensure it doesn't get too good".

Things like my release PS1 and PS2 from Japan, made in Japan. My Sharp Twin Fami...also made in Japan. My stereo gear, mostly made in America in the 80s, also surprisingly still works great...No not great, better than new stuff.

I just looked on the bottom of the lappy, yep made in America.

Growing up I never, ever thought I would suddenly pine for American quality standards, but as it gets harder and harder to buy things made and assembled in Western Europe or Japan...I sure start wanting that old passable American quality back.

Huh, I figured I would complain more about my health lol.

Well I guess I better go and catch up on what's been going on for the last 6-7 days. I hope you all have had a better time of it.

*hugs*

None of my laptops has ever made it past 2 years. Coincidentally, something has happened to them shortly after the warranty expires. Brilliant on their part, really. lol

I hope you feel better soon!

And here's my theory on quality control:

Quality Theorum: As time increases, the quality control of a product decreases.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    None of my laptops has ever made it past 2 years. Coincidentally, something has happened to them shortly after the warranty expires. Brilliant on their part, really. lol
    My laptop is over 2 years old and isn't quite busted yet. Toshiba, though, has been sending me emails about laptops on sale for the last 6 months or so.

I've had an HP, a Dell, and two Toshibas. My most recent Toshiba is 2.5 years old. I'm taking care of it like a beloved child. I don't wish to purchase another lappy at this time. lol

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    I've had an HP, a Dell, and two Toshibas. My most recent Toshiba is 2.5 years old. I'm taking care of it like a beloved child. I don't wish to purchase another lappy at this time. lol
    Have any of them had a touchpad mouse? I refuse to get a laptop with one anymore because every laptop I have ever used with one had serious issues...often with the touchpad as well as time goes on. And ever tried to do pvp gaming on a touchpad?? I really love the joystick in the center of the keyboard style laptops which are MUCH rarer. Maybe it is because they make so few of them, the ones they make have to be solid models to sell???

I have a P133mmx working lappy and a Piii550 or 650 (I forget and it barely matters), both with joystick, not touchpad. I have thrown out at least 2-3 laptops during the time of owning those two and all of them were touchpad ones.

They've all had touchpads, but that wasn't what went out on them. It was a screen, a hard drive, and a motherboard.