Thread: Not sure if this is the right forum, but goodbye... (for now)

Unhappy Not sure if this is the right forum, but goodbye... (for now)

Hi everyone

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place...

I only fairly recently joined, and have really been impressed by the board. Its the first time I've ever been on a forum, where the discussions are all intelligent and interesting, the people are friendly and you really feel like you want to participate.

I'm heading off to the Army (in a couple of hours) and for the next two to three months or so I will probably have no internet access. So I just wanted to say, until I am able to gain access again, goodbye for now. Look forward to seeing you all when I get back

Coodie (Dave)

Buh Bye Coodie we will all miss you here and hope for your safe arrival back home. I am sure everyone here supports your brave courageous choice to join the Army and we all appreciate your sacrifice no matter our political differences everyone should support the brave men and women who are in the military.

Good luck Coodie

Enjoy your time in the army, all those early mornings and that rigorous training. You are a stronger man than me! (Which I guess you would hope for, being as I am a ridiculously weak girl. If you are not stronger than me you will probably fail, so I hope I am accurate in assuming you are!) Anyway, I hope it all goes well for you and you're not changed by all that testosterone flying around!

Sorry you had to leave before I had a chance to properly get to know you, but I have really enjoyed the messages we have said and times we've chatted in the irc. When you get back I promise I will have found the time to send a nice long reply to your PM, 3 months should just about do it!

Look forward to your return xxx

Edit: Geez, I overuse exclamation marks! Sorry!!!

Please take care of yourself and we will, hopefully here back from you once you are able to.

*salute* Well, acutally i would probably make for a very silly salute but i wish you goodwill and safety during your term of service to your country.

You know I was prepared to give you a hard time for

1. Posting an "I'm leaving" thread
    2. Doing it in the introductions forum

However, that was before I read your post. I will now; wish you the best, let you know that you are being prayed for, and let you know that even though I've never met you I am proud of you. I have a long standing tradition of walking up to individuals in uniform and at the very least shaking their hand and thanking for their service, and if there is time beyond that telling them that I am proud of them doing what I was denied the chance to do.

Thank you for your service, sir.

On a personal note, though we've never chatted, I hope your experience with the military is different from my friends' in that it doesn't change you for the worse as a person. I knew some really cool people who came back entirely different, sucked.

But...again. Thank you for serving.

Keep your friends safe, your safety your friend, and hide your security blanket...well ^_^